~ twentyfour ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Twenty-four
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┙

Tw: mentions of overdosing
*summary at end of part*

I open my eyes to see the same, old, bathroom I had regrettably passed out in. My eyes have trouble adjusting to the light.

"oh damn she's alive—"

"what?" I mutter, not knowing who I was talking to.

"I just assumed you overdosed on some type of drug or something" A girl, a couple years younger than me, stood against the wall of the bathroom.

"I don't—do drugs—I just—cry"

The girl had curly brown hair that blended into a golden blonde just above her shoulder, "same—are you ok?"

I had a hard time trying to articulate what was happening. "I—don't know"

"do you remember your name?" the girl continued,

"My name's Vee..."

"Vee" she nodded, "I like that name"

"Thanks...what are you doing here?" I ask, trying to collect myself.

"Well, I was supposed to be at hockey practice—but y'know saving a girl from overdosing seems like a cool story to put in your college essay, so I thought 'eh why not" she shrugged, "Also, its overall the most humane thing to do"

"im not overdosing—I fainted—I think"

"so you just ruined my chance at having the cool 'I saved a girl from overdosing' trope for my college essay?"

"yeah—I believe I did—who are you?"

"Charlotte" she smiled, "you can call me literally anything, Lottie, Charlie, some people call me softie"

"ok—" I stood up, slower this time, "you stayed here for me?"

"yep" she nodded, her green eyes sparkling in the fluorescent lights.

"what time is it?"

"school got out—about 30 minutes ago?" she guesses,

"I was passed out—for hours"

"and nobody helped you? What a world we live in" Charlotte scoffed, "I must be so swag and amazing enough to help you"

"yeah—" all at once, the memories of before I fainted came back to me.

"you good? Are you gonna faint again? Have a drink of water or something..." she rushes, pushing a water bottle into my hands.

"I don't think im going to faint again..." I mumble, taking sips gingerly.

"im gonna walk you home just in case" she grinned, "I'll just have my brother pick me up, since we live across town"

"why do you go to this school if you live across town?" I asked as we walked out of the bathroom.

"its my 1000 IQ" Charlotte joked, "stupid school system wanted to send me to a 'gifted' program"

"oh—that sucks"

"eh, its fine, I just hate people" she shrugged.

"same."

"I don't hate you though, you seem cool" she grinned,

"thanks?" I chuckled lightly,

"where do you live?—and I don't mean that in a stalker-y way—I just wanna know where we're going"