~ twentysix ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Twenty-six
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┙
tw: storms (bad weather grrr)

Guilt is a confusing feeling.

Especially when the cause of it, is something you need to do.

I needed to lie, to make sure my friends were safe. Yet, I had no idea what Keira was capable of, she could do nearly any damage, or an astronomical amount.

It made me feel sick, thinking about how guilty I was. Lying was always a hard concept for me, I of course tried my best to stay to the truth, but ultimately, that was difficult.

Every day, I had pretended to be Keira's friend at school, then straight to Ollie's house where I would hang out with everyone for a couple stolen hours, and then home.

Somewhere in between those days, Tubbo, Wilbur, and Dream had left, and I said my melancholy goodbyes. Tommy and Alex were planning to stay a bit longer, which kept Ollie's spirits up.

It was now a stormy Friday. The week went by slow, slowly getting more and more scared of Kiera's ability to manipulate, slowly realizing that I couldn't do anything to stop her, slowly noticing how painful this was to adapt to.

"Hey Charlotte" An authentic smile was brought to my face as I saw the girl,

"Hello Vee! how are you?" she asks as we walk through the school hallways, the rain starting to build up on the windows.

"Pretty good—"

Liar.

"—and you?" I brush off my inner dialogue,

"Im ok—I hate school" she sighs,

"I hate school as well" I was way more focused on the fake social construct I had to keep up with then regular schoolwork.

"Vee! who're you talking too?"

Don't let her get to you this time.

"Oh hey Keira—this is my friend Charlotte" I introduce,

"hello!" Charlotte greets, and I can see the undoubtful flash of anger that sprinkles Keira's eyes for only a second before she returns the smile.

"Hello Charlotte! Im gonna need to grab Vee," Keira pursed her lips, "and im sure you can talk later—I just need to discuss something with her"

"Alright—Bye Vee!" She smiled brightly as we walked away.

"who was that?" Keira asked, her tone rather sweet.

"Charlotte, she's younger than us—"

"how do you know her?" Keira pondered, looking legitimately curious.

"she's the little sister of one of my friends" I said confidently.

"really? that's cool" she grinned, not looking more into the subject.

That was the first conversation I had with Keira where she didn't successfully pry anything out of me.

Randy :D
Do you wanna be picked
up from school?
It's raining :(

Luvox :D
Its ok! I like to walk :)

I wasn't lying when I said I liked to walk home. Spring rain was one of my favorite type of days, it was almost like the last remaining part of winter before the hot muggy air swept through nature's course.