~ fiftyone ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Fifty-one
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━
~ Vee's Pov ~

Day 34

Tw: mentions of eating and underlying depression (also slight derealization?)

It's been a month.

An entire month, without seeing any of my friends.

And in a weird way, I knew my isolation wasn't going to end.

I knew my parents would lock me in the house for even longer, no matter what. I haven't gone downstairs in almost 3 days; my parents haven't even checked up on me.

They cared so much, yet at the same time, didn't care one bit.

Was my entire summer just going to be spent locking myself in my room?

Probably.

Tick, tick, tick

Time was always ticking by.

Tick, tick, tick

The stupid voice in my head wouldn't stop ticking. No matter what I did to try and stop, it kept on ticking.

I think I'm going insane.

Tick, tick, tick.

Well of course I'm going insane.

I haven't verbally spoken to anyone in 2 weeks.

Tick, tick, tick.

My head hurts.

Tick, tick, tick.

The ticking is annoying.

So annoying.

The ticking was truly getting on my nerves. So much that I started to feel like it wasn't even in my head anymore. I sat up from my bed to try and find the stupid ticking, for someone who had been in my room for over a month, it sure looked unfamiliar to me.

I studied the walls, dotted with sticky notes and doodles in a strange attempt at being optimistic. My eyes wandered to the shoebox under my pc desk, which was nearly filled to the brim with handwritten letters from Ranboo, some from Ollie and Iris as well.

The flowers that I had picked a month ago, were now dead. The color had wilted away into many wrong shades of grey and brown, and some stray petals littered my desk and the floor nearby. The bouquet had seemed like a metaphor of sorts, the flowers were once lively and blooming with passion. Now, as they were left uncared for, they drooped into a slow wandering of emptiness.

Tick, tick, tick.

The continued ticking had snapped me out of my daydream, which was honestly for the best. If I had kept thinking for longer I would have most likely gone down a rabbit hole of weird metaphors and self-pity.

After another quick moment of further investigation, I walked towards the window, and the ticking somehow had grown louder.

Tick, tick, tick.

Turns out the ticking wasn't just in my head.

Why is Ollie below my bedroom window with a ladder.

"what are you doing?" I hissed; my throat burned from lack of speaking.

"I'm just going to coincidently put this ladder right here—it would be a shame if I forgot this existed for the night" The brunette sighed, obviously lollygagging.