~ seventytwo ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━
Seventy-two
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

"you good?" Ranboo asked, watching as Ollie hesitated with the front door to her own house. It was the middle of the night, just past 2 in the morning, and all of us were equally wanting to sleep off the jetlag.

She nodded, "yeah—its just...the last time I came home from a foreign trip my entire house was trashed and I had a major depressive episode."

"Do you want me to open the door?" I offered, and she nodded, letting me step forward to put the pin in.

1008.

When we opened the door to Ollie's house, we did not expect it to be so lively. We were instantly hit with the smell of something sweet, warm, and home-y.

"is there somebody in my house?" Ollie muttered, peeking into the living room.

Ranboo set down a handful of bags, "Maybe...Iris left the lights on last time she was here?"

"holy sh*t."

"speak of the devil!" Ollie smirked with charm as Iris turned the corner. Her hair was bright blue, and just a little bit longer than usual, instead of hanging at her jawline, it was more or so at her shoulders.

"why does it look like you've aged 7 years in the past 4 months" She chastised lightly, looking at the three of us, "And Vee's turned emo."

"Iris," Ranboo scoffed, "I remember you your entire middle and high school life, you religiously listened to only My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, and Radiohead."

"I didn't say Vee turning emo was a bad thing!" Iris defended, turning towards me, "I really like your hair, welcome to the—'slightly mentally ill and we don't know how to cope' club."

"Thank you" I said with a smile, glancing at Big Q, who was heading out of the kitchen,

"what the f*ck!" He grinned excitedly, "Why didn't you tell me they were here?!"

"I was conversating d*ck." She retorted quickly, "I barely got 30 seconds before you intruded."

"glad to see so much has changed between you too." Ollie smiled knowingly, "I was really starting to miss your enemies to lover's trope yknow."

"we all were" Ranboo said sympathetically, and Big Q flipped the three of us off,

"we made you cake." Iris dismissed the previous conversation topic, "do you guys wanna eat some of the wonderful and amazing cake we made!"

"it's 2 in the morning!" Ollie laughed, walking to the kitchen with the rest of the group.

"that doesn't change anything." Ranboo cut in, "I'll still eat the cake."

"Well...I suppose having some wonderful, amazing, American-made food wouldn't hurt," Ollie shrugged, "Especially after being forced to eat stupid disgusting f*cking British food."

"I thought the UK food was good!" I commented, laughing as Big Q showed us the dessert, proudly displaying bright pink 'deez nuts.' worded in icing.

"you're so mature Big Q, I want to be just like you when I'm older" The brunette scoffed, "also you have really good handwriting..."

"f*cking lawyer handwriting..." Iris scoffed as she gathered multiple plates from Ollie's kitchen cabinet.

"this is definitely different to the last time I came back from a trip." Ollie smiled, "I love it."

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━