~ fourtythree ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Fourty-three
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┙

"okay I have to tell you something—but we have to jump in directly after I say it" I rush,

"Vena we aren't gonna die once we jump in yknow—"

"yes I know that, but I'm just going to spit it out before I overthink it like always, but you have to promise we jump in right after I say It" I explain quickly, trying my best to not stammer over my words, "you promise?"

"alright" he laughed in doubt, "I promise"

"good" I grinned, "you ready?"

he nodded, "whenever you are"

I closed my eyes for just a second, taking a small breath of hope before starting softly, "I—love you."

Ranboo's face lights up in recognition at my words, "I'm gonna break the promise for just a second to say I love you too—" he grins, laughing to himself a little as he repeated his statement, "I love you—and now we can jump"

It felt similar to ice for a small moment, breaking the thin line of water at our touch. But as the lake engulfed both Ranboo and I fully, it felt nice, more serene.

As we emerged from the lake, I breathed in some late-spring air, confused over what had just happened, I widen my eyes in realization as I see Ranboo, "wait—I'm in love with you—and you're in love with me"

"I'm in love with you" He said slowly,

I smile, still processing his words, "You love me?"

"I'm in love with you Luvena" he giggled at my appalment, splashing me slightly with the water, "Hello! earth to Luvena, I'm in love with you"

a/n: he's high on love your honor

"woah" I mutter under my breathe, "you're in love with me..."

"did you really think I wasn't?"

"N-no I was just really nervous for—no reason at all" A smile finds my face as I realize how oblivious I was, "I didn't even know you liked me!"

"what?!" He grinned, "how?!"

"I don't know I'm pretty ignorant at times! —oh my gosh we're in love" I laugh, "we're in love!"

"we're in love!" he repeats, "look at us go!"

"what does this mean?" I ask, my smile growing bigger by the second.

"I don't know!" he ventured, "we're in love?"

"I can say 'I love you' now!" I marveled,

"I can too!" He admired, "I'm in love with Luvena Scott!"

"I'm in love with Ranboo The Beloved!" I laughed in excitement; this was definitely the weirdest conversation I've had with Ranboo. But also the happiest. The past couple months I have been happier than ever, I have been myself, and I've made new friends I didn't even know I needed, but this moment right here, was my happiest.

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

"what's gonna happen?" I sighed, looking up at the swaying clouds as Ranboo and I rested against the grass, "I'll be gone for a whole month—at least"

"we'll figure something out," he interlocked our hands together as he talked, "it's only temporary, just remember that"

"I will" I nodded,