~ epilogue ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━
Epilogue
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

"Why am I here?" Ranboo complained halfheartedly as I pulled him through the parking lot, stumbling slightly at my surprisingly fast speed walking.

"Because I'm so elegantly smart and amazing" I sang cheerily, grinning at my genius idea, stepping over a large puddle, spring rain had withered through the late February setting, which brought pouring weather most of the week.

"Okay true, but still!" He sighed relentlessly, "You've brought me to look back on arguably the most embarrassing moment of my life."

"also arguably the best moment in your life, you met me." I smiled, sarcasm floating through my tone as we walked towards the gym entrance,

"Okay, also true—" Ranboo cut himself off in slight annoyance, "I guess—you're right—this is sorta genius."

"exactly!" I exclaimed, "now, I don't know a single thing about volleyball..."

"then why'd you go to that game in the first place?" He retorted, tilting his head with every syllable.

"Keira made me! It was Nates game!" I retorted, and Ranboo made a disgusted expression,

"ew—do I have to like—thank them for setting up the butterfly effect of me meeting you now?"

"No, I'd thank Iris, she brought you to the game." I mentioned, walking over to the bleachers that we met by exactly a year ago,

"I already did thank Iris actually." He tsked, "a couple months ago."

"awe." I admired, "how thoughtful."

"Oh shut it," He chastised lightly, "it wasn't anything sappy, more or so a 'hey childhood best friend I know I hated you at the moment for betting on my dignity but things turned out pretty well so thanks I guess."

"still, it's very—nice of you." I smiled, neither of us paying very much attention to the volleyball game.

"Maybe this summer, I'll teach you how to play volleyball." Ranboo suggested, "That way we can go to games and you can have some sort of idea over what's happening."

"Good idea!" I nodded, looking down at how Ranboo mindlessly traced the doodles along my arm, and I try to make out what's happening on the court.

In the corner of my eye, I catch a familiar stare.

Keira hadn't changed much in the past—7 months I hadn't seen her, her sleek dark hair cascading down her shoulders was the exact same, her cerulean eyes weren't shooting daggers at me, but softer, and sad. Of course she wasn't lonely, she was more popular than ever, but when we locked eyes for a single moment, she wasn't surprised in the slightest, and with a diminishing nod, she looked back at the game, and left me to be—myself.

"Now that everyone knows about the lake, we can show them all the things we did in the spring." Ranboo exclaimed, happiness spread from his tone, "we can now tell them where we get the flowers for our flower crowns!"

"we can!" I grinned, leaning into his shoulder as he went on, excited for the seasons to come.

It was just us, together, where we started.

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

I love you. I love you. I love you.

"You say it three times its lucky." I smiled, looking at the sky above us, tinted with pink and gold accents.

I liked sunrises; it was like a premeditated reward for merely waking up. Although more than a few of the days I hadn't even been asleep, it still mattered.