~ thirtythree ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Thirty-three
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┙
Tw: weed, assault, manipulation
Summary at the end of chapter

"Phosphenes"

"what?"

"the stars on the ceiling, they're called phosphenes" Ollie explained, "Phosphenes that are induced by movement or sound may be associated with optic neuritis. Phosphenes can be directly induced by mechanical, electrical, or magnetic stimulation of the retina or visual cortex, or by random firing of cells in the visual system."

"woah" Ranboo giggled, staring at the ceiling.

I laughed the groups awe, "this is fun"

"Everything's fun with the weed gang" Tommy dazed, "Molly you're good at putting fun facts into conversations"

"I mean I kinda just blurt my thoughts" Ollie shrugged, "For example I've discussed the flavor of La Croix with Danny Gonzalez on a 4am discord call before"

"why were you talking to Danny Gonzalez about the flavor of La Croix at 4 am?" Tommy asked slowly,

"no idea"

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

Sometime in the middle of the night, all of us eventually dozed off. When we woke up in the morning, we decided to head back to Ollies house. Now I was checking in with my parents as I did every day,

"Im alive by the way" I sighed walking into the living room where my parents sat.

"Thanks for reminding us" Dad tutted,

"im gonna head back to Ollie's" I smiled thinly, headed towards the door.

"Hold on Vee" Mom stopped me, "Your father and I were talking the other day, and we we're wondering if you're ok?"

"am I ok?" I questioned,

"you seem distant" Dad exclaimed, "We just wanted to make sure you were staying in line"

"Yeah of course I'm staying in line" I nod, completely discarding the fact I had weed brownies last night.

"are you sure?"

"what do you mean am I sure?"

"well we don't know if you wanna tell us the truth or not" Dad said simply,

"Im telling the truth..." I said slowly, getting more and more
confused as the conversation went on.

"Okay—well you can go now" Mom insisted, And I made sure to fully close the door behind me on my way out.

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

Another week passed, and when I went back to school, I had nearly forgotten of my so called 'friendship' with Kiera over the weekend. But as May came upon us, the spring started to melt into summer.

"Why's it so hot today" Keira complained,

"I guess Summer's coming a little bit earlier" I shrug, glancing at the perfectly clear sky as we walked outside of school.
Keira sighed before bidding goodbye, "I'll see you tomorrow"

"see you tomorrow" I smiled as we went our separate ways.

The thing about this whole friendship act, was that Kiera was legitimately nice to me most of the time. And it definitely messed with my feelings, because in certain circumstances I would feel satisfied with our conversations, until I was bitterly reminded that none of her kind words were real.