Aftermath

Ruby p.o.v
As I began to wake up I could hear my dad arguing with somebody. And I soon learn who the somebody was as I open my eyes.

Tai:I thought you said you'd keep her safe Qrow!

Qrow:look the attack happened out of nowhere okay.

My dad then sighs and places hand on face.

Tai:I guess this is what happens when I trust Ozpin to keep someone safe. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice to let Ruby go into Beacon.

Qrow:Tai you know she wanted this. You know that if you tried to stop her she would have went either way. She's just like Summer when she's stubborn.

Tai:you're right Qrow. But why did this have to happen?

Qrow:We both knew that this would happen someday. And now that it's happened what do you want to do?

Tai:I want to keep this a secret from Ruby.

Ruby:keep what a secret?

As I say this both my dad and uncle Qrow freeze and look at me. Everything was silent until my dad spoke.

Tai:it's nothing Ruby. Anyways how are you feeling?

Ruby:I'm fine I guess.

But as I move I feel a sudden pain around my stomach and I fall back onto the bed. And as I fell I began to remember what happened with Roman and Neo.

Qrow:woah careful kid your still injured.

Ruby:wait what happened to Roman?

Qrow:oh don't worry about him I took care of him. Also don't run into danger like that by yourself. Who knows what would've happened if I didn't make it in time.

Ruby:oh. Do you know what that bright light was?

Qrow:bright light? There wasn't a bright light Ruby.

I looked at Uncle Qrow confused and began to replay the moment in my head.

Ruby:no there was a bright light. Before I lost conscious I remember my eyes hurting and a bright light.

Tai:Ruby I'm sure it was just your imagination.

Ruby:no it wasn't!

As I say this Uncle Qrow and my dad began to look nervous and I begin to realize what they were trying to hide from me.

Ruby:is that what your trying to hide?

Tai:what are you talking about Ruby?

Ruby:dad please, no more lies. What was that bright light I saw.

Tai:Ruby please-

Ruby:dad please I want to know what it was.

My dad then sighs and sits on the side of my bed while Uncle Qrow leans onto the wall and began to drink from his flask. And after a few seconds he began to explain to me what the light was.

Tai:Ruby that light you saw were your silver eyes being used.

Ruby:what?

Tai:Ruby your mother was a descendant of an ancient race of warriors called the silver eyed warriors. They all had silver eyes that held the power to kill any Grimm that was touched by its light. But there was a cost to use that power. In return for using their silver eyes they had to give away some of their life force. The bigger the light the more life force you would need to give. But luckily you didn't use your silver eyes too much so your life is safe.

Ruby:wait so mom had the same eyes as me right?

Tai:yes she did.

Ruby:did she ever use them?