A Qrow's tale

Y/n p.o.v
It had been two days since I found out about Penny and what she really was. And during those two days I've met Weiss' sister Winter who was apart of the Atlas military and I've met Qrow Branwen Ruby and Yang's Uncle. And now we were walking to Ozpin's office right after getting a call from Ozpin.

Qrow:so your related to the girl that ambushed Amber.

Y/n:yes I am.

Qrow then takes out his flask and takes a sip from it and closes it once he is done.

Qrow:that's rough buddy.

Y/n:yeah I know it is. And are you not mad at me or at least suspicious of me. I mean I am the brother of the woman who tried to take the maiden powers for herself.

Qrow:no I'm not mad or suspicious of you.

Y/n:why?

Qrow:it's wrong to judge a person from their background.

Y/n:I guess that makes you different from Ironwood.

Qrow:of course I'm different from him. I mean do you see Ironwood getting drunk. Anyways I know what it feels like to be in your position.

Y/n:what do you mean?

Qrow:I have a twin sister named Raven.

Y/n:wasn't she apart of team STRQ?

Qrow:yeah she was and how do you know about that?

Y/n:I read it from a book in Beacon's library. The book told me about some of Beacon's greatest teams of each year. And one of them was Team STRQ the leader Summer Rose. She was Ruby's mother right.

Qrow:yeah she was.

Y/n:her partner was Raven Branwen the woman who could cut space itself. Another member was Taiyang Xiao Long and he is Yang and Ruby's father right.

Qrow:yeah he was.

Y/n:was he actually a prodigy?

Qrow:yeah he was. He could literally master any fighting style he was taught in just 2 weeks.

Y/n:that's amazing. Anyways his partner was you Qrow Branwen. You were known as the luckiest fighter in Beacon because every time a person fought you there was a chance of either the opponent's weapon breaking or the opponent just slipping.

Qrow looked down sadly and said.

Qrow:yeah I was called the luckiest fighter in Beacon. But that's not true.

Y/n:what do you mean it's not true?

Qrow:my semblance is misfortune. Any person near me will get bad luck including myself.

Y/n:wait so all of those fight you won weren't you being lucky it was just the opponent having bad luck?

Qrow:yup and I don't blame you for wanting to stay away from me now. Especially after learning my semblance.

Y/n:Qrow I'm not scared of your semblance. Bad luck is a normal part of our lives and we can't do anything about it but keep moving forward.

Qrow:you know she said the same thing.

Y/n:who said the same thing?

Qrow:my sister Raven.

Y/n:wait where is your sister now Qrow?

Qrow:I don't know y/n.

I look at him confused.

Y/n:why don't you know?

Qrow looks at me sadly and says.

Qrow:the last time I saw her y/n was when she gave up on helping Ozpin and left to fight Salem her own way.

Y/n:oh. We're you guys close?

Qrow:of course we were close. I mean she was the only one who stood by me when everyone was afraid of me when I was younger because of my semblance. She's the one that took care of me after our mom and dad died from my semblance. But then she started to hate me when we tried to get rid of my semblance.

Y/n:what happened?

Qrow:Ozpin found a way to transport my semblance from me to something else. Ozpin decided to transport my semblance onto a crow.

Y/n:does that have something to do with the reason your able to turn into a crow?

Qrow:yeah it does. Anyways when Ozpin told me about it I accepted it but there was a chance I could've died because the machine would've gave taken my aura and placed it into the crow. But Raven she decided to help me by using herself as a battery so when I lost all my aura her aura would come into me stopping me from dying. But then everything went wrong when we did it. The machine failed but we all survived but instead of the machine taking my semblance away it only took away half of it. This made my semblance less worse then usual but that half of my semblance had to go somewhere. And the other half didn't go to the crow it instead went to Raven and we both got the ability to turn into a crow.

I looked at him sympathetically and asked.

Y/n:how did she react to it?

Qrow:she reacted calmly at first but as time passed on and her bad luck began to affect the people around her she began to regret helping me. But she would never show it but I was her twin and I always had a feeling when she was hiding her feeling or not. But the breaking point was when she and Tai had Yang she was afraid of her semblance affecting Tai and Yang so she left. And once she left them she left me a letter saying that she was done helping Ozpin and was going to find her own way to stop Salem.

Y/n:are you okay Qrow? And I mean mentally not physically.

Qrow:to be honest my mental state is pretty messed up right now. I mean why wouldn't it be when it's your fault your sister left her family and is probably alone in the world right now.

I was about to say something but Qrow interrupts me.

Qrow:and before you say anything else we're at Ozpin's office. Now come on we can't leave Ozpin waiting can we?

I nod and Qrow opens the door and we both walk in. And inside the office was Ozpin and Pyrrha?

A/n:and this is my version of Qrow's backstory. He and y/n's relationship may develop more seeing they both have a sister that hates Ozpin.