Chapter Two | Rules

~George's P.O.V~

George was fixated on the news. More missing people and all presumed dead. George turned off the TV, not wanting to know anything more.

He looked around his apartment when he heard static. Didn't he just turn off the TV? George turned around, facing his television. He walked over to it, trying to turn it off with the remote, but it did nothing.

He didn't know what to think. It flashed black for a second before bright words appeared on the screen. 'Operation: Merciless'. He watched as the words spun.

"What the hell?"

The screen went black again, then a white face with a drawn-on smiley face appeared. Words started appearing that read:

Hello, GeorgeNotFound!

You have been selected for our program!

George stood in shock. "What is happening?" George didn't like the sound of it, it sounded like some sort of scam.

How did they hack into his TV??

He walked over to his window putting down the blinds before glaring outside. With a murderer on the loose George wanted to take zero chances. He noticed a black, bus-like vehicle before stumbling away from the window.

He ran to his closet slamming the door, it was dark and he was terrified. He tried to calm his breathing being as quiet as possible. He hoped they would go away but when he heard loud footsteps he knew he was caught.

It was too late for George to react when he got shot by what looked to be a tranquilizer.

The speaker blared in George's ears, causing him to scare awake, he felt something squishy underneath him stumbling to his feet. He looked what was underneath him to his horror it was a dead and decaying corpse.

George held back a scream looked over at the others. There was corpses and body parts scattered everywhere, blood littered the area.

Many people started screaming and crying in horror there was about thirty people crammed into the room. George looked over at the blank screen, quickly seeing it flash to life with the words:

'Operation: Merciless,' flashing with green and blue.

The others stopped doing whatever they were doing, turning their attention to the screen as the words spun around.

The speaker spoke with a monotone voice. "Attention, attention. If you haven't already, please look at the big screen T.V. in the left corner."

A cursing male yelled out. "Let us go, you bitch!" Before George could comprehend what was said, there was a gunshot. The male fell to the ground, all attention now on him.

The others looked with horror. "Now, since you understand what will happen if you don't listen, don't make me ask you again. Pay attention to the screen!"

Everyone listened now, fearing for their lives. The screen was static before showing a person in the dark. The only thing visible was a white, blood-speckled circle with a smiley face drawn on it like what George saw on his television earlier.