Chapter Sixty-Three | Crossing A Line

The door swung open, startling George. Dream appeared weary that day. "C'mere, George," Dream instructed. George shuffled over to him, a hint of confusion in his expression. His bewilderment was short-lived as he noticed Dream's knife.

"Dream, I'm tired, you're tired. Can we not do this today?" George pleaded, attempting to pull away from Dream. However, Dream jabbed his nails into George's arm, preventing his escape. "If you stay still, it won't take long." Dream ran his hand over George's neck, tracing a vein.

"Dream..." George tried once more, though he knew it was futile. "Lay down, George," Dream instructed, pointing at the bed. George cast one last imploring glance before complying.

"My sweet, sweet George," Dreamer whispered affectionately, holding him close. His mouth was just inches away from George's neck.

George braced himself for the familiar, stinging pain of the knife slicing into his delicate skin. His neck bore the scars of past encounters, which never had a chance to heal properly due to Dreamer's insatiable thirst for his blood.

George took a deep breath as Dreamer attached his lips to his neck, digging into the wound for more blood. Instantly, George felt weakened. What he didn't anticipate was his previous wound reopening, eliciting a scream from his throat as it tore open. He struggled in Dreamer's grasp, attempting to draw his attention to the second wound.

"Dream!" He weakly squeaked. Dreamer, lost in his own satisfaction, initially failed to notice George's distress as he greedily consumed his blood. George's eyes flickered for a moment before closing...

Dreamer grew frustrated.

Why was his blood bag always empty?

Dream shook his head, he knew he was in a psychotic state thinking of George only as a blood bag rather than someone he loved. Dreamer shook that thought right away,

If he gave him another's blood he could keep going for a bit longer, just a few more bags.

Dreamer jumped to action grabbing a empty blood bag. He watched with thirst as the blood bag filled with fresh blood.

It wasn't until the blood slowed that Dream came to his senses stopping the transfusion allowing the blood to go back into his body. Dream fought with himself making a deal to stop taking blood, yet keep the filled bags.

Dream stood back watching the heart monitor closely. He was angry that he let George get this way, in the end will the few extra blood bags be worth it when George wouldn't be able to give anymore for a long period of time.

He left the room slamming the door.

-

George awoke in considerable pain, feeling lightheaded; any attempt to stand would surely result in a fall. His neck was tightly wrapped in gauze. He heard the door open but couldn't muster the strength to sit up due to the overwhelming dizziness.

"Georgie! You're awake!" Dream rushed over to George, who groaned in pain. Dream's expression darkened. "I'm sorry, Georgie. I got quite thirsty and couldn't really control myself. But it's okay, I stitched your neck wound back together." Dream displayed little concern for George's reaction.

"It hurts," George huffed, laying his head back. Dream gazed down at him with a soft smile. "Let me get you more pain medicine, okay?" George nodded weakly. He attempted to sit up, but the pain was nearly unbearable.

It was moments like these that made George want to leave even more than before. He disliked it when Dreamer lost control and didn't seem to care afterward, as if everything was fine.

When George finally managed to sit up, he glanced at his chained leg. He had grown so accustomed to it that he often forgot about its existence until he started walking toward the door to eavesdrop on Dreamer's conversations in the hallway. He had come to accept it as a part of him.

Dreamer returned with more medicine, injecting it into George's IV, which quickly began to relax him.

Dream climbed in beside him, pulling George close to his chest. George didn't resist; he was in pain and welcomed the comfort that came with Dream's presence. George sighed, finally releasing his tension, snuggling closer to Dream. The IV fluids chilled his body. Dream kissed the top of his head and hummed a soothing tune.

As the effects of the medicine began to take hold, George grew sleepier, eventually allowing himself to succumb to slumber.

-

Usually Dream would be long gone but he wasn't at all, Dream grabbed George's hand asking him to turn towards him which George did. He lowered his mask allowing George to see his mouth.

Dream grabbed his chin bringing him into a soft kiss which eventually turned into a more sloppy kiss careless of if it was making George uncomfortable. Dream had never acted like this before and it was very concerning as if he was in a haze.

"Dream." George pulled away but Dreamer had gotten on top of him holding his wrist against the mattress. "Dreamer!" George snapped finally breaking Dream out of the haze he scrambled away fixing his mask before running out of his room.

-

Dream's heart pounded out of his chest, as he rushed into Dreamland.

What was he thinking?

"God damnit!" Dream threw his mask into the wall breaking it into pieces. Dream pulled his hair trying to stop the pounding of his heart in his ear. He rushed to the bathroom throwing up into the toilet.  His phone clattered to the ground, he gripped the toilet standing up.

He reached for his phone picking it up dialing a number he never expected to dial ever again. It rung for a couple seconds before someone answered.

"Dreamer?"

________________________________
Love y'all

Stay calm, Stay alive
Onyx

HERE YOU GO CHILDREN
- editor han