Chapter Sixty | Pop!

The door swung open, revealing a weary Dreamer. Fortunately, he was no longer stained with blood, but an air of discontent clung to him.

George cocked his head, wordlessly, Dreamer nudged George aside and nestled into the bed beside him. George didn't quite know how to respond; Dreamer appeared lost in thought.

George yearned to inquire about Dreamer's well-being, yet his voice had once again deserted him.

Dreamer buried his face in George's chest, his mask nestled there. George found himself perplexed, but he relented, enfolding Dreamer in his embrace.

Dreamer appeared content just being near George, and in a bewildering way, George felt safe. With nothing else to do, he allowed himself to drift into sleep.

-

He expected Dreamer to be long gone when George woke up again, but instead Dreamer had a tight grip over George's waist refusing to let George have any type of freedom.

Clingy? Why is he being like-this?

Dreamer gazed up at George, delicately brushing his fingers through George's hair and pushing it aside with a soft murmur, "My dear Georgie..." Dreamer's words made George blush profusely.

His injury was healing nicely, and George understood that soon enough, he would resume his role as Dreamer's personal blood donor.

Dreamer pressed a gentle kiss to George's neck, pulling him from his reverie. It was a surprising tenderness, a side of Dreamer that George hadn't often seen. Dreamer had always been rather rough with him.

What really happened after Dream went to kill another person?

George realized that he was back to referring Dreamer as just Dream, hopefully he wouldn't punish George for that.

With courage after Dream's gentle kiss, he softly spoke, "can I see your face.. I've never-"

Dream interrupted him, "Yes, you have." George's eyes widened.

Why don't I remember?

Dream must've heard his thoughts, "A drug, made you forget, I can't show my face in case you get caught."

"Why would I escape? There's... nothing out there anymore.. except Sam and Techno, It's not like you'll ever let me see them again."

"Techno possibly, Sam.. Can't see him if he's dead." Dream spoke with monotony. However, George's eyes blurred with tears.

There was really nothing out there for him...

George knew Sam was going to die, but, George just wanted something to believe in...

"Anyways! Up to help me today?" Dreamer spoke cheerfully, clearly avoiding the 'Mask' subject.

George didn't have any choice in the matter; he knew that. "George?" Dreamer asked again, with a serious tone. George just glared at Dreamer giving him a no.

"Come on Georgie! If you start doing more often, you might learn to enjoy it!"

George was disgusted.

Dreamer released his ankle from the cuff, before grabbing his hands together and cuffing him. George followed, his head down, and his eyes still blurry with tears from before.