Chapter Sixty-Five | Choices Matter

George lay there for an indeterminate amount of time, hoping it would remain that way. When he was alone, he was at least spared from getting hurt.

The door suddenly swung open, slamming against the wall, and then slammed shut. Dreamer had returned, and he seemed even angrier than usual. He had had time to contemplate what to do to George.

"Dreamer?" George asked, his lip quivering. Dreamer leaned in close to George's face.

"You can't just hurt yourself and expect to get away with it, can you? Now I have a valid reason to hurt you, my Georgie," Dreamer caressed his cheek. George shook his head.

"I'm sorry... I don't know what I was thinking," George begged. This plea caused Dreamer to smack him across the face, pressing a blade against his lip. "One more word... I dare you," Dreamer hissed, and George whimpered in response. Dreamer then removed the restraints and pulled George into his arms, eliciting a painful hiss as George's injured foot was jolted around.

Where was he taking him?

The walk wasn't long but it did hurt, George could feel Dreamer's every move. The room they walked into was unfamiliar to George.

Must be a new part of Dreamer's Facility.

George wanted to say something, ask Dreamer where they were. Inside the room was a single hanging light and a hospital bed. Dreamer stood him up at the end of the bed. "Lay down." Dreamer spoke motioning to the bed.

George struggled to get up his leg aching with every move. George held his breath as he finally made it on. He turned toward Dreamer as if he could give Dreamer puppy eyes and all will end. Unfortunately Dreamer ignored him putting his limbs into the belts so he couldn't move.

George turned toward the wall,

Mirror? Not mirror?

"One-way mirror, George. You can't see them, but soon, they'll see you," Dreamer chuckled. George raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Victims, catching a glimpse of what happens when they attempt to escape," Dreamer spoke with excitement in his voice. "I'll use you as an example." George shook his head in fear. Dreamer grabbed his hand, providing a twisted sense of comfort. "It's okay, Georgie. You're the main event!"

George struggled in his restraints. "Dream! Please don't do this!" George wasn't concerned about what Dreamer did to him, but he dreaded the thought of others being traumatized by watching Dreamer torture him.

Ignoring George's plea, Dreamer thrust the knife into his arm, blood gushing forth as George let out a gut-wrenching scream. "Shut up!" Dreamer pulled the knife out, pressing it harder into George's arm. George coughed weakly, blood trickling from his throat.

This surely was the end?

George's vision went in and out as he coughed up more blood eventually everything went dark.

-

George woke up, tugging on his restraints in surprise. He hadn't expected to find himself still tied up in the same place as if he had never left. He examined his wound, noticing the rough stitching that Dreamer had done, with little care. There were many areas where it hadn't been done properly, still oozing blood.

"Good morning, George!" Dreamer greeted him, leaning in with his knife just below his mask-covered eyes. "This time," he whispered, "don't say my name wrong. They're watching." He gestured toward the one-way mirror, a sinister chuckle escaping his lips. If they hadn't been watching him before, they certainly were now.

He got stabbed for calling him Dream?

George bit his lip and nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation.

He pondered the possibility of ending his life, but he knew that even if he tried, Dreamer would save him every time. If Dreamer wanted to, he could become a famous surgeon.

George's thoughts were interrupted when his collar vibrated, sending a violent shock through his body. He gripped onto his collar as if he could somehow free himself from it.

Dreamer entered his view and spoke, "I can't cut you right now because you've lost quite a lot of blood, but I can find other ways to torture you." He patted George's arm, causing George to grip the bed rails tightly.

"Now, dear watchers, listen up," Dreamer declared. He paused, standing between George's bed and the one-way mirror.

"This is my beloved George, and as you can see, he didn't listen," Dreamer continued. George couldn't see his face, but he could imagine Dreamer's intense gaze behind that mask.

"He tried to escape, even after everything I've done for him," Dreamer's voice rose with each word, his anger simmering.

"If it weren't for my kind gestures, he would be dead," Dreamer stated before pausing dramatically. "And so would everyone he cares about." He walked behind George, gripping the bed rails. "His mother, his father, his relatives..."

"As you can see, he has already lost so many people due to his actions and the actions of others," Dreamer said, leaning into George's face. "You don't have many left, do you, George? Speak up, my dear, tell them."

George shook his head but immediately received a shock from the collar. He screamed until Dreamer released the button, allowing George to slump back into the bed.

"I... don't," George whimpered, his gaze pleading for silence. He wanted to keep the pain of everything he had lost locked away, but Dreamer was ripping open wounds that had barely begun to heal.

"Tell them about them. What did they and you do wrong to send them to an early grave?" Dreamer chuckled, turning everything into a cruel joke.

"Nothing! They did nothing wrong! You killed them for getting too close to me because you can't stand anyone else being around me!" George didn't expect to speak up, let alone tell off Dreamer, but he knew him too well; he would strike back if provoked.

Dreamer burst into laughter, gradually devolving into a full-on wheeze. "Wow! I never knew you had the courage to say such a thing," Dreamer remarked, putting his hand on George's stab wound and pressing down until George couldn't breathe.

George coughed and gasped, struggling to regain his breath. "You're right, George. I don't like sharing," Dreamer admitted, walking toward the mirror and pressing a button, causing it to reverse. Now, George could see them, but they couldn't see him.

George's eyes widened as he witnessed a terrified crowd of people, all bearing various injuries from the tortures Dreamer had subjected them to. Smoke began filling the room, causing everyone to cough. Soon, the coughing turned into coughing up blood, with blood coming out of their eyes, obscuring the mirror. They clawed at the glass in a futile attempt to escape and reach George, but it was in vain. George cried until the last person standing had fallen.

Dreamer came up behind him, removed the restraints, and pulled him into a hug, shushing him as George whimpered.

"You see George, your choices matter, so make the right one or it could be devastating." Dreamer smiled before jabbing a syringe in George's arm.

________________________________

No I didn't take the quote from gen-loss (I did) anyways! How are y'all? Handling back to school? Can't relate! Suck it! In all seriousness love y'all :P

Stay calm, Stay Alive
Onyx

dreamer in his hypercritical era  😛
- former editor han