Chapter Forty- Nine | Talking

George attempted to clear his mind of all the memories, even if just for a moment, but they inundated him relentlessly. Sam had been periodically checking in on him, but apart from that, everyone maintained their distance.

The sound of Punz and Quackity's laughter emanated from the adjacent room, indicating their newfound camaraderie. Occasionally, Techno's voice could be heard as he shouted at Dreamer over something trivial, like threatening Punz with a knife, as Sam had informed him.

Sam had been keeping George informed about everything and ensuring he had food and water. George wondered where the killer, Dreamer, slept, given that Dreamer didn't share the room with him.

When Sam informed him that Dreamer had been reprimanded for dripping blood in the house, George knew that Dreamer had resumed his killing spree.

Since Dreamer no longer had his facility, Sam suspected that Dreamer was murdering people in some alleyway. Techno had imposed strict rules against weapons and messes inside the house.

When Sam complained about being reduced to the role of their maid, George almost found it amusing, but laughter evaded him. It had been so long since he had laughed...

Sam entered George's room, and he stirred, curious about the visitor. Sitting up, he gazed at Sam, who had his hands tucked into his pockets, the blinking light on his tracker bracelet visible. As far as George knew, they all had trackers.

"Do you want to come downstairs and have a meal with us? I cooked, and I promise it's good. You know I wouldn't let anyone poison it," Sam said, smiling softly.

Half of George wanted to join Sam, while the other half hesitated. Ultimately, he decided it would be fine to eat with them, so he got up with a sigh and followed Sam down the stairs, with Kardac following closely behind.

All eyes were on George as he descended the stairs. "Georgie!" Dreamer's voice filled with delight. George flinched slightly but managed to compose himself.

"Don't startle the boy, Dreamer. Let's eat," Techno said, taking a seat. The rest followed suit, and George nervously sat down beside Dreamer. Dreamer pulled up his mask, revealing only his mouth.

Will I ever see Dreamer's face? George wondered to himself.

They ate, and the group cracked jokes intermittently, but George paid little attention. Once they finished, they dispersed in different directions, some heading to their rooms, others attending to household chores.

George hadn't been in his room for long when Dreamer's mask obstructed his vision. "Hello, George. Feeling any better? I heard Sam has been keeping you updated on things. He's such a kind soul!" Dreamer's tone was sickeningly cheerful.

George kept his eyes fixed on the blanket, which had become his constant companion since the incident.

"Look at me," Dreamer commanded.

George immediately complied, tearing his gaze away from the blanket and resting it on the mask Dreamer called a face.

"We'll be leaving soon. We're going back home!"

George's heart sank. Home? Back to the facility?

"Don't worry, Georgie! I'll make some changes to make you more comfortable," Dreamer sighed fondly. "That is, if you obey," he added darkly, chuckling to himself.

George had grown accustomed to everything happening within the household. He didn't want to leave. He felt safe with Sam... With Techno... Neither of them had harmed him.

"Don't worry, Punz is also heading home! I've found new assistants for myself, you see?" Dreamer seemed unaffected by George's tears streaming down his face. "Techno will take care of Sam, and Punz will join Quackity—my reward for saving me!" Dreamer continued with excitement. "Techno will ensure that none of them reveal anything, or he'll personally take care of them. I trust Techno at this point; after all, he protected you."