Chapter Thirteen | Alone

~George's P.O.V~

Even when the room grew silent George refused to look, everything was so distant for George.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and coiled away, pushing himself far away. Once away, George curled back into a tight ball, refusing to look up.

"Georgie," The Dreamer spoke in a fragile voice.

"Shut up!" George screamed, shaking his head. He felt arms around him that lifted him up, he struggled in Dreamer's grip, but he had no will to fight.

He felt the chain lifted from his ankle as he was lifted bridle style into Dreamer's arms, he laid limb in his grasp, the world felt like it was spinning in The Dreamer's arms.

George was too out of it to have any clue where he was, but by the time he felt cushions under him, he curled into a ball, letting the tears fall. 

The Dreamer covered him in the blanket while whispering in his ears and brushing the hair from his eyes, "Good job Georgie, good job."

That was the last thing George heard.

-

George refused to get out of bed.

I killed someone... I actually killed someone!

George could feel the cold metal on his ankle, signaling the chain. George just had to let it get to his head, he means nothing to the killer, he's a prisoner who obeys.

George wanted to cry but he was all out of tears, paralyzed. His throat was sore from puking out his guts.

Was it worth it? One life for another?

When he killed her all emotions hit him at once, the group of scared people he met in The Dump, Sapnap getting shot in his leg, his best friend, Bad, getting murdered right in front of his eyes, the girl screaming for mercy before George sliced her throat.

Why me?

When George heard the door open, he refused to look, pulling his legs towards his chest.

"George..." George knew that voice, it wasn't Dreamer. George forced himself out of bed, locking his eyes with the man tethered to a wheelchair.

Sapnap?

"Hey, George... I guess thanks for saving me," he sounded distant, his voice stale from possibly not talking.

George inspected the boy, his legs were wrapped tightly in bandages, all of his fingers were bandaged.

"What happened to your fingers?" George asked, catching Sapnap's eyes.

"You think I would have gone without a punishment?" Sapnap laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Burned me a bit, but the worst of it had to be the fact he broke every single of my fingers," Sapnap looked down at his bandaged fingers.

"I'm sorry..." George mumbled.

"It's not your fault... I decided to go against him, not you." Sapnap gave George a sweet smile.

The door was opened widely, causing George and Sapnap to glance behind them.

The Dreamer stood with his white smiley face mask and lime green hoodie, "Time to go." Sapnap was going to argue but he decided against it.

The Dreamer violently pulled the wheelchair around, taking Sapnap out the door.

When Sapnap and The Dreamer left, George pulled himself back into a ball, hiding under the covers.

It didn't take long for George to fall asleep.