Chapter Fifty-Nine | Fingers

Anger burned in Dreamer's eyes. How dare they speak about George like that!

Hell, if anything happened to George, he would leave nothing unscathed. It infuriated Dream that Techno had lost George and that Sam seemed to hold a higher place in George's heart than he did.

Dreamer vented his rage by slamming his hand into his dresser, bruising his knuckles. He then stabbed his knife into the wood, yanking it out forcefully as the wood splintered.

Grabbing his phone from the side table, he stormed out, slamming the door behind him. He followed the halls to the elevator, clicked the button for the top floor, and retrieved his phone from his pocket.

Dialing Technoblade's number, Dreamer waited a few tense seconds before Technoblade answered.

"Heh? Everything okay, Dreamer?" Technoblade's calm demeanor clashed with the seething anger in Dreamer's voice.

"I'm coming over," Dreamer declared, hanging up before Technoblade could respond. When Dream was on a mission, nothing could deter him.

-

Dreamer gripped the steering wheel so tightly that his veins bulged. He arrived at the familiar house of his long-time assistant. However, he wasn't here for a casual visit; he had more sinister plans in mind.

Dreamer marched up to the door, pounding his fist on it until Techno, looking shocked, opened it and pulled him inside, swiftly closing the door behind them.

"Dreamer! You're covered in blood! Are you out of your mind?" Technoblade scolded, which prompted Dreamer to stab him in the arm. Techno stumbled back, clutching the knife lodged in his arm.

"Dreamer!"

Sam appeared, his wide, frightened eyes darting between the two men.

Dreamer narrowed his eyes, his gaze fixed on Sam. He tightly gripped a second knife, ready to attack again at any moment.

Technoblade, despite the blood dripping from his arm, took the lead in the conversation. "What do you want? Is George okay?"

"Do not say his name!" Dreamer snapped, stepping back.

"Okay, got it," Technoblade replied, his voice wavering from pain and fear.

The room fell into an eerie silence until Dreamer spoke again. "How could you lose George?"

Techno was momentarily confused, but then it clicked. "I didn't ensure that the back door near the pool was locked. I got distracted. It was a mistake."

"Is it really that difficult to keep track of someone who never speaks? He sits there in silence, under your control!"

Technoblade tried to explain. "He's obedient to you, Dreamer, not us. He belongs to you."

"I gave you strict rules, and you let a complete stranger into your house, a house where George was living!" Dreamer snapped.

"I understand. I let him in, and that should never have happened. I've kept him alive despite your orders," Technoblade admitted.

Dreamer advanced toward Technoblade, holding out a second knife. Techno glanced at Sam, whose eyes widened.

Dreamer's voice became cold and impassive. "Do what you were supposed to do. Kill him."

"Dreamer—" Technoblade began, but Dreamer cut him off.

"You allowed him into your house with George! You broke the rules; now, fix it!"

Reluctantly, Technoblade took the knife and examined it. "I promise he's been a good assistant, and he hasn't broken any rules."

Dreamer then revealed a gun from his holster, which Technoblade hadn't noticed before.

"It's either him or you. Make it right," Dreamer pointed the gun at Technoblade.

There was no way out, and Technoblade turned to Sam slowly. "You did well, Sam..."

Tears welled in Sam's eyes as he realized how things would end. "Can I say goodbye?" Technoblade asked. Dreamer lowered his weapon and nodded.

Techno helped Sam up from the couch, and they exchanged a few words. Finally, Sam sighed and extended his hands as Technoblade held him while carrying out the act.

Dreamer watched, unmoved, as Technoblade lowered Sam to the floor, lifeless.

"Is that everything?" Techno asked dispassionately. "Did you get what you wanted, Dreamer?"

"Give me your arm," Dreamer demanded.

Techno complied, holding out his wrist. Dreamer took the knife and guided Techno to the table. He pressed his palm onto the table, fingers splayed, and prepared himself for the inevitable. He knew resistance would be futile.

With a swift motion, Dreamer sliced off Techno's thumb. Techno clenched his teeth, suppressing the pain and fear.

"That's for losing George," Dreamer stated, before proceeding to remove the second finger.

Blood spattered as he chopped off Techno's second finger.

"That's for breaking my rules," Dreamer continued, showing no mercy.

"And that's for letting a stranger in," he said after cutting off another finger.

He proceeded with a more deliberate and agonizing cut for the next finger, causing Techno even more pain.

"And that's for letting him live." Dreamer's voice remained cold and ruthless as he carried out his gruesome punishment.

________________________________

Shhhheeee! Dreamer was angry! Poor Techno, he's got no emotions left to shed. Techno knew what was coming he just wasn't exactly ready :(

Sorry for killing off yet another loved character but hey! Technoblade survived... besides his fingers... eek

Love y'all!

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
~Onyx

*sobbing* SAM WAS CONFIRMED TO BE ALIVE AND NOW HE'S DEAD WHY DREAMER WHY ONYS *sobs* l

ok but Sam kinda had it coming ngl. now george has no friends </3

-Former lead editor ruby

im gonna have nightmares

-former editor han