Chapter Forty-Eight | Memories

George stood frozen in place, his movements restrained, feeling trapped in the moment. "Now, if you could just hold still for a moment," he pleaded, the frustration evident in his voice. George grew uneasy at the harshness of his words, causing him to squirm instinctively.

"George!" Dreamer's voice boomed with a threatening tone. "If you don't stop moving, I swear I'll slam you against this wall!" George's body tensed, and he immediately ceased his squirming. Dreamer let out a weary sigh, allowing his anger to dissipate.

Dreamer approached George, holding a knife to his neck, applying just enough pressure to draw a trickle of blood. George whimpered, as memories flooded back, memories he had repressed... The images of lifeless bodies, the excruciating pain coursing through his veins, the relentless chains restricting his every move, the bleak surroundings of the facility he was held captive in. And above all, the realization that Dreamer had been watching him all along, even when George thought he was alone.

As Dreamer drained the life out of him, George's consciousness awakened to the haunting recollection of everything he had endured. Collapsing against the wall, his body released by Dreamer, George curled up into a tight ball, his eyes clouded with a numbing haze. His mind faded into an abyss of nothingness...

Sam's POV

Sam, gaze shifted from Punz to the trembling figure lying on the bed. "This is such a waste of my time..." Punz grumbled under his breath.

"Dreamer told you to stay here! You don't have a choice!" Sam snapped, his patience wearing thin. Punz was taken aback for a moment before shaking his head.

Punz acknowledged that Sam was right. He had been tasked with keeping an eye on George, just as Sam was assigned to help him snap out of whatever he was experiencing. Sam recognized the signs of a PTSD episode. Dreamer had unleashed a flood of suppressed trauma upon George.

"George?" Sam attempted once again, this time in a soft, hushed tone. However, George remained unresponsive. Sam felt helpless, never having encountered someone so deeply traumatized. Even Kardac seemed sorrowful for George's state.

'What did Dreamer do to you, George...'

The door swung open, revealing a perplexed Techno, who had just entered the room where everyone had gathered around George.

"What happened to him?" Techno raised an eyebrow, seeking an explanation.

"Mental breakdown," Punz responded matter-of-factly.

"No, you idiot! It's a PTSD episode. Dreamer caused this," Sam shot back, his frustration evident.

Punz scoffed and pointed at Sam. "Can we kill him now?" Techno shook his head in disapproval.

"Nobody's dying, at least not in my house!" Techno grumbled as he left the room, closing the door behind him. Sam turned his attention back to George, while Punz rolled his eyes.

-

Time passed, but George remained ensnared in his own haze. Eventually, despite Sam's efforts, Punz left the room and never returned, implying that Dreamer had given his consent.

Sam let out a sigh and approached the light switch, flicking it off. He closed the door with caution, as if any sudden movement would disturb George.

As he made his way downstairs to the living room, Punz and Technoblade were engaged in conversation, while Dreamer sat on the couch, seemingly engrossed in news coverage about himself.

Punz cleared his throat, catching Dreamer's attention. However, Sam found it difficult to discern Dreamer's facial expressions behind the mask he always wore.