Chapter Sixty-One | Piano

Dream had released his grip on George and walked back to the body, repeatedly stabbing it until George placed a hand on his shoulder, halting his actions.

After letting go of the body and rising from the floor, Dream secured George's arms with cuffs before exiting the lab.

-

Keeping a safe distance, George observed Dream tending to his wounds. He had never anticipated seeing Dream injured, but he knew that nobody was infallible. "This is unbelievable!" Dream yelled out in frustration, causing George to flinch and turn towards him.

George met Dream's gaze, noting the deep rage in his eye. It felt strange to see Dream's eye exposed, as if Dream had chosen not to hide it from him, displaying an unusual level of vulnerability.

Dream gestured towards his mask, as if to acknowledge its damage. He adjusted the mask somewhat self-consciously. "I'll have to fix it sooner or later, won't I?"

Shaking his head, George locked eyes with Dream, as if trying to peer into his very soul.

"Is my eye really that fascinating to you, Georgie?" Dream inquired, while putting away the first aid kit he had used. George nodded in response. He found Dream's eye captivating, its color resembling shimmering oak leaves under the summer sun.

"Enjoy it while you can. I can't take down anyone like this," Dream grumbled. He was seething with anger, and George knew that any future targets would bear the brunt of his fury, all because one victim had gone berserk. George couldn't help but wonder if his decision to assist Dream had been the right one.

Perhaps Dream felt vulnerable now, and that thought frightened George. He knew he was Dream's Achilles' heel.

Pulling his shirt over his head, Dream exited through the door.

George sighed, feeling drained. He had never expected to intervene in a victim's actions and aid in taking someone's life—both experiences were far from what he had ever imagined.

He climbed into his bed allowing himself to rest despite his mind screaming at him for murder...

~Dreamer's P.O.V~

Dream entered Dreamland, flinging his broken mask at his mirror shattering it. He was pissed: how could he let someone so weak overpower him?

Part of the responsibility lay with George, although Dreamer should have easily overpowered their adversary. He tried to push those thoughts aside and instead ventured into his closet to retrieve another mask. After securing it over his face, he left the room. Killing was the only thing that could alleviate his turmoil.

Dreamer didn't have a concrete plan for this particular victim, but he craved something intriguing. As he entered the victim's room, their eyes darted up from the floor.

"Don't utter a word, or I'll make your situation ten times worse!" Dreamer threatened, instantly silencing the person.

He pondered for a moment. "Alright, just one word; a name?"

"Mizu," they replied, their voice somewhat shaky.

"Good, now stay quiet. I'm not having a good day, and for your own sake, don't attempt anything!" Dreamer snapped, brandishing his knife.

They nodded rapidly.

Dreamer released them, handcuffed their hands, and escorted them out of the room. They didn't resist, displaying more intelligence than some of his recent victims.

The room was sparsely furnished, containing only a wooden chair and a few overhead lights for visibility.

"Sit," Dreamer ordered, and they complied immediately, taking a seat while Dreamer prepared the restraints.

Once everything was in place, Dreamer pointed upwards, and their eyes widened as they noticed a piano hanging from the ceiling.

Mizu spoke, their confusion evident. "I know I shouldn't be talking, but... What on earth?"

"Eh, don't judge. I tried to learn the piano once, and it frustrated me, so here we are," Dreamer chuckled.

"Fair enough." Mizu leaned back, awaiting Dreamer's instructions or the descent of the piano.

Dreamer pressed a button, reclining to watch as the piano plummeted toward them. It was an anticlimactic demise, but in the end, it had a touch of dark humor. The piano fell with a cacophony of notes and a splatter of blood.

Bored with the proceedings, Dreamer departed without any further plans.

He made his way to George's room. Upon entering, he found the boy fast asleep. Dreamer gently pushed him over and slipped into bed beside him.

George had glimpsed one of Dreamer's eyes recently, though long ago he had seen his full face. In different circumstances, Dreamer might have been compelled to kill him for merely seeing one eye, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He did want to punish George for his mishap with Melon, but for now, he held back. George would face some form of retribution eventually, but not today.

George stirred for a moment before snuggling closer to Dreamer's warmth. Hidden behind his mask, Dreamer smiled and gently rubbed George's back.

It had been a trying day, and Dreamer was content to let George sleep as long as he wished, as long as he was there.

Dreamer needed something to soothe his agitation, and George was that something. Eventually, he would have to clean up the messes he had made, but he preferred being with George.

He decided to involve George in the cleanup when he awoke.

Time seemed to fly by, and George groaned, turning towards Dreamer.

"Morning, sleepyhead. We've got some cleaning to do!" Dreamer slid out of bed, securing handcuffs on George's wrists. They made their way to the cleaning room and then to the piano room, where George's eyes widened.

"Yes, it's a piano... I know. Just clean up the mess." He handed George a mop and a bucket of water. George gave Dreamer a disapproving look but chose not to argue, especially after what had happened.

He was clearly repulsed but went about cleaning up in silence. After the room was tidied, Dreamer led him to the next one.

At the worst moments, George had to pause and vomit, but he persevered, carrying out the necessary tasks.

________________________________

Cuddles! Slowly going down my list of deaths, pretty good I'll say! I now have a book specifically for readers deaths and it can be found as Operation: Dreamer! There probably won't be a chapter there for now so you should have time to make it into the first drawl! And MsRubyGrunch has been remaking a lot of my covers and being an amazing Former Lead Editor so I'm really happy about how they turned out!

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx

mIzu nOoo
piano death was pretty sick tho, ngl... and yes onyx has been h̶̟͇̽ȏ̴̠͕l̵̰̘̈́ḓ̴̎͌i̵̡͕͘n̶̳̹̒g̷̨̒ ̴̧̹̍̿m̴̫͗ę̷̰̓ ̸͚̘̈́h̴̻̽̕o̵͍͑s̴͓̐t̷̠̀̂a̸̔͜g̸̢̑ȩ̸̈́ asking me to make new covers :D

ALSO KIDS I GOT A WATTPAD ACCOUNT WITH THE BEGINNINGS OF A STORY which might not get finished cough AND SOME ONE-SHOTS SO StAy tuned or not XD

-Former lead editor ruby