Chapter Sixty-Four | Escape Attempt

Dream remained silent on the phone, well aware that if he didn't speak, the caller would likely hang up.

"Dreamer, I can hear your breathing. After all these years, why do you reach out to me?" The voice on the other end of the line inquired.

Dream closed his eyes briefly, then replied, "I need to ask a favor..."

-

George was confused,

What the hell just happened?

George had never in his life seen Dream rush out a door so quickly. He sat up glaring around, the door was wide open, a careless move from Dream which made George even more concerned.

George was fighting against trying to escape or be good and stay put until Dream came and closed the door. He believed it was impossible because of his chain but wanted to try anyways.

"Dream?" He looked up to the camera, which didn't move to signal to George that most likely Dream wasn't watching the cameras. He made his way off the bed inspecting his chain looking for a flaw.

George didn't see one but decided to try anyways inching toward the door, unfortunately he couldn't make it to the doorframe. He strained the chain letting the cold cuff irradiate his already destroyed skin.

George took in a deep breath looking around before noticing something shiny in the corner of his eyes, a knife.

It must have slipped out of Dreamer's pockets when he ran?

George couldn't use the weapon on Dreamer he was far to strong. He inspected the chain one last time than back at the knife. It wasn't strong enough to do any damage to the chain. George's eyes flashed onto his foot.

He could cut it off.. He could get free.

Was the sacrifice worth it?

George groaned frustrated.

Why has Dreamer put him in such a difficult situation?

If Dreamer were present, George wouldn't even attempt it. He wouldn't endure the mockery of the open door right in front of him, nor would he be tempted by the sight of a knife on the ground.

However, George reached for the knife, grasping its handle and examining it. It was undeniably sharp, even though that didn't mean it wouldn't hurt. He stood up and settled onto his bed, beginning to cut the sheets. He could use the fabric as a makeshift bandage to stem the bleeding, much like he had seen in numerous shows before he was taken captive.

George cut the sheet into a sufficiently large piece and then redirected his gaze to the knife in his hand. The idea of such an act was unimaginable, something he had never contemplated before. He was well aware that pushing further would likely cost him a foot.

Determination welled up within his mind.

This could be it, his escape from Dreamer.

George desperately needed to stifle his screams, so he grabbed a piece of the blanket and shoved it into his mouth. He knew that if he made too much noise, Dreamer would come rushing back.

Without much thought, he lowered the knife toward his ankle, ensuring he aimed just above the chain to avoid cutting his entire leg.

The first cut was bearable; George had grown accustomed to the pain that Dreamer inflicted upon him. He imagined it as Dreamer drinking blood from his leg. But as he continued, the pain intensified with every press of the knife until George couldn't hold on any longer. He dropped the knife, watching as the blood pooled down his leg and groaning in agony.

His body shook with pain, and he closed his eyes, as if that could make the pain disappear. His leg swelled, and blood continued to gush. However, George couldn't give up now; he was so close to freedom.

He grabbed the knife with trembling hands, pushing down deeper, causing himself to let out a muffled scream. He bit down harder on the cloth and continued despite the blood and pain. Soon, he would hit the bone.

George was in a painful haze, so he didn't even notice Dreamer rushing into the room. The sight of Dreamer frightened George, making him drop the knife, which clattered to the ground.

Dreamer swiftly grabbed the knife and threw it out of reach before lifting George and shaking him slightly, causing him more pain. "What the hell are you doing!" George whimpered in pain as Dreamer laid him gently on the bed before restraining him, then leaving to get supplies to fix his leg.

George felt defeated; all that pain had been for nothing. If only he had been quicker, he might have escaped. He groaned and pulled slightly on his restraints.

Dream returned promptly with a medical bag and laid out his tools, bandages, sutures, staples—whatever he needed to mend George's leg. He unlocked the chain on his leg to provide more room for the procedure.

Stitching the wound back together was not nearly as painful as the initial cut, but Dreamer's anger was evident as he yanked the needle through George's skin roughly. "What has gotten into you? Removing your own foot, are you mad!" Dreamer spat in George's face.

When George remained silent, Dreamer stabbed his thumb into the leg wound, causing George to squirm in pain. "I don't know!" George cried out. "The door was open! I was so close!" George screamed as Dreamer dug deeper. "You are not leaving!" Dreamer spat, then removed his finger and finished sewing him up.

Dreamer wrapped George's leg before standing up with the collar remote in his hand. George was about to beg, but it seemed futile. His body convulsed as he was electrocuted, and he clawed at his collar, though it made no difference.

When Dreamer finally released the button, George slumped into his bed, groaning. "Do you ever learn your lesson, George?" Dreamer asked, his hand hovering near the electrocution button. George bit his lip and shook his head.

"You aren't leaving, ever!" Dreamer slammed the door, leaving George tied to the bed. George let out a sigh of relief; at least Dreamer couldn't electrocute him if he wasn't in the same room.

George had expected Dreamer to react that way. He knew he would be stopped, but he had to try, even if it meant something as extreme as attempting to sever his own leg. Now, Dreamer was angry, and he would surely come back to remind George repeatedly that he was Dreamer's property and would never be free.

________________________________

New chapters? Older chapters have been re-edit and now we are ready to continue! Let's go gang!

Stay Calm, Stay Alive
Onyx

new chapters new chapters new chapters new chapters
-former editor han