Mother?

Anna's POV

"I can't believe he is actually doig this to you. This is just so cruel." Mrs Summers cries on my shoulder. I feel so much guilt at this moment knowing that I am causing her so much pain. I wish i wouldn't go, but I can't help this. I just hate Drew that more for the pain he is causing me and my family. How could he do this? He ruined my childhood and now he wants to ruin my entire life completely.

"I am so sorry Mrs Summers", I sob as i look into her eyes. My anger and hatred for Drew buried for now. "I just have to do this. He has threatened to take me to the police if i don't follow his every command. I can't let him do that because I have children now. Children i will have to look out for. I can't be selfish and allow tgeir lives to be ruined. So i am very sorry. You know, we will always love you." I cry out hoping she would understand and forgive me.

"At least stay back. We will fight him. He wouldn't be able to touch you I promise. I low people that can help just trust me"
She cries desperately. I find it kind of strange that she is acting this way, but I can't blame her. She has only us and we her. I also feel the same way. "But I can't stay back. I have to do this for my children, selfish you might call me but if I don't do this, then he will come after me and take the family I have tried so hard to build. I am so sorry, but I have to go.

I see her face turn from sad and tearful to angry for a split second but it turns back to the former almost immediately. I brush it off as it must be anger for Drew. She still sobs but remains quiet for a full minute. Then she continues with, " what about the children,uhn? How will you explain this to them? Will you just tell the that 'dear girls, we have to go. Daddy is calling so we just have to up and leave' uhn? Is that what you are training those poor girls to be, weaklings like you! Running away from their fears with their tails inbetween their feet". She say insultingly at me. Her words anger me because she doesn't actually know I am doing this for them.

"That is not true Mrs Summers. I am not running away from standing up to Drew. You don't know what he can do. He destroyed my entire life and I am not about to let that happen to my girls. You don't expect me to run away and so he can take my children, do you? You wouldn't understand, you yourself don't have children but if you did you would know why I am doing this." I don't realise the gravity of my words until I feel the impact of a hand on my face. Instantly I feel the burn up to my eyes where tears gathered are already falling.

"Don't assume what you don't know Anna. Don't do it." She screams out at me. "I understand very clearly what and how it feels to have no where to go to, no one to turn to and no way to say my child. No one would understand it better than I do because I actually lost her. My child! And it pains me to see what has become of her". I watch her curiously still in shock of the slap as she shakily seats on the arm chair.

Did she have a child..

"Yes I did and still do, even if she doesn't know. I watched over her since she was a little baby. She was my world, my light. When it felt like all was lost I looked at her and then I'd be ok.

But I lost her. I lost her because I did what you are about to do. He would make your life miserable can't you see Anna. Can't you see my pain, my longing for your happiness.

I can't let you make the same mistake your mother made, the same mistake I made. Anna, I am your mother."

Have you ever felt like you're being hit continually by a car and struck by lightening at the same time even when you are just standing in a spot.

Or have you ever felt betrayal that supersedes all forms of betrayal you have had in your broken life.

The feeling is what I am going through. The pain, surprise, anger, hurt,hatred. Everything I ever faced as a teenager isn't as bad as this betrayal.