Running away

Anna's pov.

I freeze. I don't know for how long I am standing there, but I am frozen on that spot. This can't be no, no, it just can't. Just when I was returning back to normal,he had to show up and ruin it. Mrs Summer must have felt it to because she looked at me and shook her head and turned back to writing like she hadn't just passed on a life saving message without talking. Luckily the man himself hadn't noticed.

But God is he handsome. The way the expensive suit his wearing just moulds his back and his ass too. He sure must work out. He has grown out after just five years. I wonder if he sleeps naked. Does he have a wife? That'd explain who all the flowers are for. Did he still take over his father's company.

Wait hold on, why are you even thinking about him. He is the root cause of your problems, remember Anna.

I feel the anger wash over me at that thought. Yes am right, he is toxic. The cause of my problems and because he is the perfect definition of perfected beauty doesn't mean he can take over my senses. He should be lucky that I don't have a knife in my hand now or he'd be dead.

"Mummy!! Mummy!" I hear coming from the back of the room. A fresh wave of panic washes over me. The twins. He cannot find out or see them. He would know who they are instantly. Please don't come out, please.

I send a pleading look towards Mrs Summer and she nods in understanding.
"Sorry, my children are calling. I will leave the remaining for Miss Ramona to complete."

I look at her disapprovingly trying if possible trying to send a message with my eyes along the lines of "wow, this is how you save me from my past love who so happened to destroy my entire teenage life, left me pregnant and is so irresisti-" whoa where did that come from Anna. I hate this man. His gut, his face, his very presence.

I so badly want to say no but I know I can't. The sooner I answer him the faster he leaves and I never have to see him again or I would be forced to go back to my old ways.
So instead of replying Mrs Summer, I put on my fake smile reserved for people like him and face him.

"So Mr Matthews, how may I help you?" I say gritting my teeth. He just continues openly staring at me like I am some movie. I squirm hoping he doesn't recognise me at all.

"Do I know you. You look familiar" he answers curiously. Ohh no he cannot find out at all. Why does he have to be so observant. Oh God I need a Saviour now.

"Uh-uh-" just then a huge man, possibly a biker because of his outfit, comes into the shop stopping me from possibly ratting out my infos to the devil himself. I would like to say I have been saved by the biker.

*****************************************

It's been a few hours since Drew came to the shop and I have been thinking about changing my jobs, the challenge is explaining it to Mrs Summer here. We have been at this for more than an hour. Me trying to explain to her and she doing her best not to understand me.

"Mrs Summers", I try once again. "Drew suspected, he almost am sure almost knew I am Anna. With what I know about him, he will do anything to get what he want and right now he wants answers. He is going to keep coming to the shop and he is going to find out. What if he sees the girls, he will know instantly that they are his. Please Mrs Summer just allow me to go work elsewhere. He won't find me I promise. I will find a job far from you and the girls just please accept this". I plead with her for the hundredth time using my sad puppy dog eyes on her.

"Don't you dare use that eyes on me young woman". She replies laughing, placing her leg on the coffee table. Then in a more serious tone she answers, " I know meeting the man who made you go through so much and do so many bad things is very traumatic for you. I understand the position you are in. You want to run away from him so fast that he doesn't even see it coming."

"Even though I don't support the idea, for the sake of your sanity, I allow you to work elsewhere but I am still going to give you the shop when I retire". I scream with glee and hug her. Thank God she accepted.

"But Anna, you know that running away will only get you closer to him. The world is round,no matter how or where you run to you will always be running in a circle. Right back to where you started. Just have that in mind and don't run too far from us." She says patting my head. I cry hugging her.

"Thanks a lot Mrs Summer for all you have done for me and my children. I promise I would never run away from you guys. You all mean the world to me and I love you."

"And I you,Anna" she says hugging me back.
We stay there like mother and daughter enjoying their bond.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hey guys!!!

How are you? How many times have you felt like running away from an important situation?

Ever shared moments with your mom?
Ever dreamed of licking eyes cream?
Ever fantasised about tiktokers kobe and vallyk?
Ever dreamed of having twins?

See y'all in the next chapter. I love you and you are beautiful beyond measure.

Thanks,
Love y'all.

Rachel.