Payback?!

Rachel's POV

Where the hell is Anna, I have been looking for her for minutes that seemed like hours. I feel so angry at myself, I hate myself right now. I promised to shield her from any harm but I still let this happen to her .

How could Drew do this to her, why? She had never hurt anyone before, always looked for the best in others. She was never ever rude to anyone. So why, just why would he hurt her like this?

I pass so many people in the hallway trying to stop me and ask if whatever rumour that was going around about Anna was true. Instead of answering them I pushed them away and went to look for her. Then I saw James one of the jocks. I know him because am quite popular in school. That's why I was always able to protect Anna before this. This time around though, I failed her badly.

"James have you by any chance seen Anna, my friend " I ask him frantically. "Who is - oh,you mean the latest sl-". I hit him in his groin not allowing him to complete his words,"never, ever call my friend a slut ever, if not I would do something worse to you and I would make sure that in your remaining damned to hell life you will never be able to reproduce pests like you, idiot".

I leave him and run towards the restroom,at least if she isn't anywhere she would surely use the restroom for protection against this animals. I get closer to the restroom hearing muffled words that sound like they are coming from Anna. I quickly enter into it to see Eloisa the school's most popular slut trying to hit her and I act quickly. I hold her hand and say with so much anger.

"Don't you dare raise your goddamned hand to my best friend you cheap, godforsaken, good for nothing,fake,plastic bitch. She looks at me with shock at first then she recovers and pulls her hand from my grip.

"Don't you dare insult me you whore. I know the both of you always planned to steal my boyfriend and am so grateful for the guys that planned this bet from the beginning, they really exposed this slut. Just watch your back because you are next bitch". She hurls out and sashays out of the restroom.

I soften my anger and look at Anna who has already slumped to the ground and is crying. I slip to the ground beside her and tears also slip out of my eyes.

"Am so sorry Anna,I promised to protect you but I didn't. I should have told you of his plan but-"

     "You knew about this, and you didn't tell me you didn't even think to let me know that my dignity was on the line. My entire life,Rachel my entire life is ruined and it's all because of you. You and those people ruined me, you all planned it right.....right"? She screams at me not even allowing me to explain myself. She stands up all of a sudden and stumps out of the door I run after her with yells of people surrounding us. People insulting, laughing at and guys cat calling her.

I watch as she runs out of the school without even looking at any one,just running until I can not see her anymore. And that's when I feel all the burden on me. I feel what she is facing, the pain she is going through, everything even the hatred she has for me. I hate myself, all the promises I made to her and it's all for this.

No, no way.

········································································

It's lunch break and I quickly rush over to Drew when I see him in the cafeteria with Eloisa on his lap. I push Eloisa off his lap in anger and punch him in the jaw with all my might but he just stands up like I tickled him instead of punch. He laughs at me hysterically but with such coldness that I shiver a little.

"Why Drew, why did you target my best friend , why did you do this to her. She has never done anything to you, she hadn't even talked to you before last week so why did you use her as a bet, tell me" . I ask him angrily as he just runs his fingers through his hair and laughs.

"Why wouldn't I have done it, tell me Chel, why? You always act so big and high. You even had the audacity to reject my best friend". He says pointing at Michael, his stupid and idiotic best friend. "So since you turned him down, we wanted to do worse to you, we simply decided to play a lovely prank on her which by the way I enjoyed doing. And so don't go about blaming me because it was all your fault that your best friend got hurt, all your fault". He finishes walking out of the dead silent cafeteria. That's when the realisation sinks into me and I slide to the ground.

So she is going through all this because of me. Just because she is my friend . What have I done. I hurt her, I caused her tears. It was me all me. I am such a bad friend. I cry so much that by the time lunch is over and the bell rings I don't hear it, I only hear her tears and cries.

········································································

I am in so much tears now. Have you ever been with in this position before? How does it feel when your friend gets into trouble all because if you?

I have been in a situation similar to but not as bad as this. I actually got my friend into trouble because she took the blame for something I did. Though she didn't get into a whole lot if trouble. In fact at the end we were laughing .

If this has happened to you before you can also share.

The next update will be coming in soon. In fact sooner than you think cause this quarantine gives me no choice but I could also get so lazy that I wouldn't want to write for a month .

Anyways, thanks for reading, please like, comment and share.

I love y'all.

Rachel.