Fire!?

Recap

"Hello", I answer gruffly.

"Sir, there is nothing about the woman you talked about from five years ago. She just seems to have appeared out of no where."

"I pay you to do your job. You don't come back giving me bad news. The next time you call, if I don't get good news, then you are fired" . I shout harshly into the phone and hang up not even waiting for an answer. Then I make a vow. Hay may be right, I might need help. But I am going to prove that this woman is Anna! My Anna!! After that I could go to hell for all I care.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

Drew's pov

"Boss, its really important that you come to the office. A new batch of employees have been chosen and even a new assistant that you requested for. All the work is hanging on her he-"

"Hold on a minute",I cut him off. "I specifically told you that I don't want a female assistant. Am tired of women breathing down my fucking neck obnoxiously." I seeth at him. "You can't do one thing properly in that company without me there. I want her out by tomorrow" I speak angrily.

"But s-sir-" I cut him off "you know, never mind. Am coming in and I will do everything since I obviously can't trust you to do your fucking job". I shout before hanging up. I throw my phone at the closest thing to me which turns out to be my bed luckily, if anything had happened, I would have lost quite a few documents. It just feels like everyone I know is out to get me mentally and emotionally. First Anna, then my sister and now this stupid manager who can't do his damned job well to save his life. Truthfully though, I know it's not his fault. I am not supposed to neglect work. I have really showed some signs of weakness and laziness. Ughhh!! Anna has really messed me up

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna's pov

"Good evening sir. Umm.... don't you think it's too late to call me ?" I ask sleepily checking my wall clock to see that it's almost twelve in the morning. What manager calls an employee at this time?

"Sorry to call you this late Allison, but I have a problem." I perk up at this. What could be the problem that would make him call me at this hour? "Well the boss has found out that he has a new assistant.". "Hmm... How is that the problem. If you want me to, I can come earlier, it's not a problem."

"Actually Allison, that is the problem. The boss doesn't want a female assistant." What! Why would my boss not want a female assistant. It took me a long time to get this job, and how will I be able to hide from Drew now. If my sexist boss fires me then am definitely doomed.

"Allison,Allison are you there?" I here the manager ask. "Yes, am here. Please can you help me sir. I can't loose this job. I just can't." I cry out to him hoping he can at least vouch for me. I know am new but I know I have done a lot. This boss has been absent for a long time and I was the one to bear the heaviness of the work. He can't just sack me like that for God's sake.

"I am sorry Allison, there's nothing I can do just come to work tomorrow and pray that he is in good mood enough not to,if not am sorry but you will be let go." He answers gravely.

"But-but what about the contract, that can't be broken right?" I ask desperately.

"Allison, he is the boss. His decision is final. Am sorry but I have no say in this". He says
hanging up. Ughh!!! I really hope this is not the end of my life now.