Pain

Drew's pov

I have been searching for the woman I saw for weeks now. I haven't even been in the office which is so unlikely of me. It seems like she just disappeared. Even the annoying woman at the flower shop is not giving me any direction to her. My PI has not even found out anything. Shows just how useless he is.

I hit the office table at my home hard. Why is it so hard to find out about one woman. One woman whose identity can solve a case I have been carrying all my life.
"Are you still brooding over that woman?" Hayley says as she steps into the room. I just look at her and sigh. I notice I have been doing that for hours now.

"I can't help it. When I saw her that day, I felt something, something happened. It clicked inside me. I know I sound stupid but it's true. Have you ever felt that connection? One that makes your heart stop and your breath catch. Well I did and I have only felt that kind of connection with Anna. When I looked at her, I just felt that familiarity. Apart from the beauty, she has her posture and mannerism. The only differences are her accent and shape."

"Look bro, because she looked like her or was a little familiar doesn't actually mean it's her. Haven't you ever heard that every human has a twin somewhere. It might just be another look alike. Or you have been thinking about her so much that every other woman looks like her. God knows you might see me tomorrow and think I am her." She says raising the already brewing anger in me.

I get up from my seat angrily. I can't believe she would talk like that. If she can't believe what I am saying, then who can? "God damn it Hay. I am not crazy, I know what I saw. I know what I felt. I have a huge hunch that this one is her. Even her eyes fucking says it. I know. My gut, my heart, my sense says it's her. You have to believe me, because if you won't no one will." I say raising my voice.

She all but looks at me in pity and sighs,adding," Drew, I understand how you feel. You have been searching for her for years now. The guilt and pain and anger has been eating at you, hell it even turned you to a different person. But you can't just look at a person and say it's her. If this continues you are going to see every woman and say they are her. Heck! One day you could even say I am her". I move away from her feeling angry as well as helpless. "Look Drew, I love you and I want the best for you. I can't continue seeing you being hung over someone who clearly doesn't want to ever see you again. You just have to move on from this whole mess."

"Sis, I know, I know I might sound crazy but please just give me three months. Just three. I will prove to you that that is my Anna. Just please stop seeing me as a crazy guy and looking at me with pity all the time" I say to her pleadingly. I can feel the helplessness and desperation in my words and I know she can hear it too.

Once again she sighs, moving over to my desk. She looks at me like a teacher would look at her poor sick student and says," ok Drew, I will wait for three months. But after that if you are unable to prove it to me, you will have to get help." I look at her mortified and flabbergasted by what she just said. I move to speak but she holds up her hand and I remain quiet.

"I know I might sound wicked but bro you have to understand, to understand that that you are the only one I have in this world. Mom's not here and dad couldn't care less about us. If you run crazy trying to find Anna when I know I could have helped you not to, I will hate myself forever". She says trying to hold the tears that are at the brink of falling, but they fall either ways. Then her voice becomes firmer,

"I will wait for three months, but after that and there is no evidence,you get help. I will not stand and watch my brother go crazy about some woman who doesn't care enough to let him know where she is". I stand there minutes after she leaves the room and for the first time in a long time, I sit on the floor( like a young boy on the day of Christmas, but this time its not and this is not a joyous occasion) and cry.

I cry because I am hurt, I cry because I am pained, I cry because Hay is right. I need help, I have been carrying so much burden in me for over five years. I need to let it out. I need to talk to someone.

Just then I feel my cellphone vibrate in my pocket. I find that it's my PD, Austin that's calling.

"Hello", I answer gruffly.

"Sir, there is nothing about the woman you talked about from five years ago. She just seems to have appeared out of no where."

"I pay you to do your job. You don't come back giving me bad news. The next time you call, if I don't get good news, then you are fired" . I shout harshly into the phone and hang up not even waiting for an answer. Then I make a vow. Hay may be right, I might need help. But I am going to prove that this woman is Anna! My Anna!! After that I could go to hell for all I care.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hey there FAM.

How are you? I hope you are safe in this trying times. I am sorry that I haven't updated for like over a week and I am soo sorry. That's why I am writing this when I am supposed to be preparing for school, to show you that I care.

This chapter is very emotional. I actually cried. Ha! Caught you I was jk. Any who enjoy the chapter and please take care of yourself and be safe.

And remember, "you are beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring you down".

Guess the song and I might just surprise you. Any who tatta gtg now. School bells are ringing.

Love y'all,

Rachel.