50.2:"Devil inside us".

Sorry! I couldn't reply to all of your comments and appreciation. I have been here, there, everywhere. :(

But I love you all and thank you so much. 😭❤

****

"What do you mean?" She asked confused as she places her plate on the table, "If you mean you want those services-"

He clenches his hands, "Did they do something?"

"I wasn't fit enough for it". She said a little too loud then mumble, "Yet".

He releases a breath nodding, "I told you I am a friend of Zaheer so there is nothing I want from you. I did what he asked from me".

She nodded sighing, "My mother must be devastated".

"She loves you?"

"Don't all mothers?"

He nodded thoughtfully, "Yeah. They do love unconditionally. I don't think that's a good thing".

She tilts her head a little and he found this habit of hers adorable but he hides his smile, "Why?"

He shrugged, "Love never made sense to me".

"Not all love makes sense, if they do that won't be love".

"Have you been in love?"

"Yes". She said shortly as she looks in space, "I ruined it though".

He snickers, "Guess we are not the ones who can handle someone's love. It's a huge responsibility".

"Your idea of love is rather congested". She said thoughtfully and he turns to her interested in her next words, "Love isn't something that is hard and it is definitely not something that makes you feel heavy. Yes, it's a responsibility in a sense that we have to learn that it is not a one-person work, it's for two to make it work". She said softly, "And for a mother love- if she places conditions and restrictions on her love, it won't be considered love instead it will be a deal that she sealed".

"What's your mother like?"

"She is beautiful. She is my anchor, honestly. My father was never around so she had the role of both to play. She always did everything she could and taught me how to be strong. You know how it is when women, even married are left behind?" She asked and he nodded, "She had her fair share of problems. People mocked her every action and even when I was two years old and made a mistake of playing in the mud outside my house after a rain, she was blamed that my father wasn't around so she didn't teach me well".

"So?"

"That's the dark side of hers, I guess. Because she was mocked and scared, she reserved me. She told me that this was expected from me and not just expected- I had to do it or else she will punish me for it. I just grow in those four walls of our house and the only time I stepped out is to ruin my happiness".

"What do you mean?"

She shrugged, "I can leave tomorrow?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Aren't you my saviour?"

He smirks, "I guess. Did I become your master now? Can I command you around?"

She rolls her eyes standing from the couch, "Just try bossing me around and I will flip you off".

He laughs, "There she is". He pauses watching the confusion in her, guess he wasn't as memorable as she was to him, "I am not your master, saviour or anything at that. I did what I had to. You are not liable to me. And you are definitely not a liability to me. You can stay here as long as you want to heal yourself. I know the experiences you had are not easy to pass so if you need professional help, just let me know. Besides that, I am sure you are a capable woman who can decide her next step. You command and I will obey".