59.2:"The sickness of pity"

It wasn't the first time she saw her mother. Her mother comes to visit whenever she wants to. What upset her is the fact that her father just barely rested and she was here again to ruin his mental health.

Another thing was that her mother always and she means always stays in their house. She knows it is not allowed since her parents are divorced and her mother has a husband yet she never cares enough to stay at her place or a hotel (which Zahoor offered her).

She saw her neighbour (Alom) standing just behind her mother without words and all of his playfulness now vanished. Her eyes meet his eyes as they narrowed at her mother and for sure everyone on this street knows about the fiasco of her mother.

That was something else. When she was just in kindergarten she never understood her mother. Although at first, she was happy to have her, especially because children always teases her. The embarrassment she felt after knowing that her mother only come to visit her for her own needs and not for her and that she lives with them, eat with them and just do about everything like she was never divorced, the people taunt her more.

She was bullied through her younger years until one day her father found out. He started to teach her how to defend and that was why she learned how to fight from Alom's father. Because when she saw how strong his father looks, she just couldn't stop herself from pleading her case to him.

Anyways, she took a very deep breath, "Why are you here, mother?"

She never wanted to call her that. She honestly doesn't wish to see her. She just wants her to go away like she always does.

Her mother showcases the same old smile, "I am here to see you".

"I have said this before it is not appropriate to stay here. Please find your place to stay and you have my number so you can call me to meet wherever". Her hand tightened on the half-closed door behind her because she didn't want to wake her father

"Your father said I can stay". Her mother said stubbornly

"He might have. But you should know where your place is". She snapped, "I will not have you come in our house and torment my Baba".

"Don't be dramatic. Why will I waste money when I can stay here?"

"I wonder why you even waste money to come here?"

"You have a sharp tongue, young lady. That's not the manner you should have".

"I learnt from the best. And, I am sorry, my mother was very busy she didn't have time to teach".

She watches her eyes twitching and the fake facade leaving her.

"Listen to me-".

"I won't. Since, we are done. Be on your way". She said slamming the door on her face

She leans against the door releasing a breath and she can't believe she manages to do that. Usually, her mother whines about how much she misses her in front of her father to stay here.

This was the very house she never wanted to stay in. That was the very man she found disgusting. She had heard her mother's poisonous words whenever she would leave her sleep and find her mother somewhere her father was. She knows for a fact her father spent all day outside and would hide in his room at night.

Yet those few times he was unable to, her mother continued her torture to him. How he wasn't enough for her? How she was happy in her new family and how much she loves her husband.

She always found her father's eyes red from crying all night the very next day and she hated it all. She hates her mother. Even her father portrays a good image of her and asks her to not be mean, she never forgives her for what she did to her father and continues to do so.