52.6:"The lost and found hope".

Everything was a mess.

She stands beside the steal bar where he was placed in. Her mind was fogged and she wanted to leave again. This time, she can't. She cannot leave the man who helped her throughout this time to be on his own.

Mostly, she was scared.

She was scared to be on her own even in front of those policemen, standing by his side provided her with a little comfort.

"Why did you do that?" She asked, looking at the wound on his cheeks that the policeman made, her eyes brimmed with tears, "You shouldn't have done that".

She looks down.

"Rumi". He said softly and she didn't look at him, "Look at me".

"No. You are hurt because of me".

"Look at me, Rumi". He said again and she looks at him, "This has nothing to do with you. It is the officer who messed with you. I will never allow anyone to come near my people".

"Your people?"

He smiles, "You are my people since the night you sat in my car".

She wipes her tears, "How will you get out of here?"

"This doesn't scare me. My mother does". He said shuddering, "If she found out that I did it again, she might just kill me with her bare hands".

"That will be fun to watch".

"You will enjoy it if I get killed?"

Before she could react, she heard someone calling her name and the person wrapped their arms around her.

"Mahak". She said shocked

She wrapped her hands around Mahak taking in her comfort. She missed her. Mahak was the only genuine friend she ever made in years.

Mahak pulls back, "Are you ok? Of course, you are not. What is going on?"

"If you let her speak, she might be able to speak, begum". Shayaan said standing beside his wife

She frowns looking at Shayaan, "Who is this?"

Mahak smiles, "He is my husband".

"You got married?"

"I was married for months".

She looks at the way they looked at each other which brought a smile to her face. She always found Mahak lost in their world. She was glad, she found someone like Shayaan now.

"Who dared to make those fake pictures?" Mahak asked

"You believe that it wasn't me?"

Mahak slaps her hand, "Of course, I do. I know you. And I know how low all the people can get. So, any ideas?"

She shakes her head, "I was going to file a complaint but--".

"But what?" Mahak asked, looking at her husband who was busy taking in the people around, once he felt Mahak gaze on him, he turns around smiling at her

"But- the officer- he--".

"He harassed her, asked questions, blamed her for it, accused her and tried to inappropriately touch her". He said and everyone turned to look at him, "It's like every time I become a second-class citizen. My mother made me when you walked in and you made me when they walked in".

"Don't talk to me". She said irritated, "You got yourself in this place".

"I don't regret it". He said shrugging, turning to the couple, "Congratulations".