61.2:"To fight"

The way this woman was glaring at him. He should be six feet under now.

The ex-bastard laughs at his words, "Last? Yeah, we all thought that. No one can handle a woman like her".

"That's the problem, you sick bastard. You were trying to handle her. Molding her to your desires and wishes. If you had just tried to be with her, it wouldn't have ended with you begging for her now".

He saw the rage in the bastard's face. It has hit him now. The reality. The fantasy of being righteous must have gone above his head in whatever scenario their marriage ended. He knows now what he did wrong.

Will he admit it? No, never. That is what the weakling of his kind always does. Never admit you are wrong. Never let anyone say you are wrong.

Ideologies that destroyed generations.

"Get out of here". He was not in the mood to dwell over how much he wished he could end these kinds of people, "Right now".

The bastard must have seen something on his face because the fear was clear in his eyes as he ran away, stumbling back to the hole he came from.

Finally. One less problem.

"Last?" He heard her soft voice as he turned around with a grin, "You wish".

"I do, actually". And surprise shows on her face at his words and then anger takes over her features

"I am not some object or competition that you want to win".

"I swear I will never objectify you or think of you as someone I will win like a trophy".

"Who are you?"

He shrugged, "A regular man". He was anything but regular in his designer clothes and shoes

Her eyes narrowed at him, "Ok, Mr. Regular. Thanks for the help".

"What's the deal with him?" He asked gesturing by his head towards the side the idiot ran off to

"That man wants me to marry him, again. According to him, I cannot raise and take care of my daughter. Apparently, he also had a friend of his volunteer to marry me for the period required".

He clenched his jaw at the words, "Why did he think he can take care of your daughter better than you?"

She didn't sense any judgment in his voice and it was too dark to find expression on his face. She did hear that his voice was sharper now.

She sighs, "My daughter is blind. She is seven and has difficulty if she is not in a closed and known environment".

"That's understandable. She is too young to understand completely how to function within tough situations".

"How would you know?"

She was curious about him. He didn't even step back or hesitate a beat before siding with her on her daughter's case.

"Exactly. I need time and effort to ensure my daughter is a capable and strong-willed woman even if I am not there or in different/harsh circumstances. However, in our society, it is hard to do so". She shrugged at the end of the words

But he can sense how much that frustrates her. To not be able to have a man who helps in building a secure environment for her daughter. To not have the support of a family with her.

He can't blame her.

Before he could have said anything he heard someone yelling his name. By the tone of it, he knows it is his mother.