60.4:"They can't know me"

I was writing another chapter for this story when I went back to see the character which will appear and their correct chapter number for reference. Ugh, then I read a chapter and became emotional 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Anyways, expect fiction celebrity appearance soon 😏 I am sure you all can't guess one of them.

Also, an early update cause I am little busy to post at midnight. Enjoy! Might upload another update if I am done with editing.

++++++

She felt her body still as the fear gripped her yet again. Fear seems to be her constant companion who never fails her. As much as she tries to not dwell and live past the memories of her sins, it is a constant reminder that comes from her fears and anxiety.

He could feel the energy in her changing. One minute she was walking in mindlessly and the next she is a ball of anxiety. The way her body sway ever so slightly gives away everything there is.

"I know right". His sister joined in cornering the woman, "I thought about it too. There is just something about her".

"There is. Maybe if we have a glimpse of what's behind that thing. We can probably know". Zainab spoke thoughtfully

"She won't remove it. Maybe we can". His sister offered

As the words registered in her mind, she took a step back ready to run if needed. There was no way she will remove her face covering. She can never remove it. It's not that she wants to because now it is a part of her identity. However, she would rather run than ever allow that to happen.

"Get out". He snapped at Zainab who jumped startled at his voice, "Your parents are already out so remove yourself too".

"How can you speak to me like that?" Zainab screeched, "I will tell my Baba about this and wait for the consequences".

He holds the urge to roll his eyes at her childish tactics. It was always this way since she was born and started coming into their house. She wanted his sister's clothes, toys and food even if she doesn't like them just for the sake of having what belonged to someone else. Because no one stopped her behaviour, it became a habit.

Her advance wasn't that transparent. She was always walking to their narrow corridor whenever he walks in it. Or stand in front of her door saying she was waiting for his sister who was across from him. Trying to sit beside him at the dining table. Several occasions summed up what she's been up to. It could be because he once belonged to someone else. And, just like everything, she wanted to own him.

"Get back in your room". He glared at his sister who stomped past him

Another child. He wonders if it is because he never let his sister step foot in the world. It wasn't on him that he didn't allow or such, his sister would rather marry than build a career. Not that is wrong too. The intention were. To marry is to build a house and a generation. Thoughtlessly entering is not the right thing to do.

"Did you pack a bag?" He asked and she nodded, "You should have told me". She tilts her head and confusion is visible in her eyes, "I could have gone with you. It is still not safe".

Her eyes widen, "You think they will wait for me to come back?" It was barely a whisper again

He sighs, "You know how men work?"

She bites her lips, not sure if she should tell him that she had faced some of the monsters at a young age but she didn't understand why they acted the way they did.

She shakes her head.

"As sad as I am of today's men- I wouldn't even call them that. Men tend to have an inflatable ego which is constantly boosted by everyone around them. Since it's inflatable, it means a little scratch can blow it. And when it blows, they tend to do things they shouldn't".