43.2:"Blue".

"Is she ok?". He asked when the doctor came out of the emergency room

"Can I ask your relation to her?". The doctor asked frowning

"Do you have to?". He asked stern watching as the doctor looked unsure with his usual coldness, "I am her cousin".

"Don't you have any idea that she was being abused and traumatised?". The doctor asked

It took him a moment to register the words, "Had been?. You mean she was abused even before and not just today?".

"Yes! She has similar marks of abuse all over her body and even some of the sexual abuse with some more that looks like she made them". The doctor explained in details, "We checked her files from other hospitals and she had been in and out but no one ever reported it for some reasons".

He knows the reason well enough. It was because her husband was powerful enough to influence anyone at a small cost.

"Is she going to be ok now?". He asked feeling his heart on fire

"She should be. We can heal her physical wounds in a few days but I can't be sure about her mental health. She is very young to witness all of this". The doctor said sighing

"Young?". He asked confused because he did consider her young but never thought into it

"She turned 18 last month. I don't even know who did this but they have to be some mentally unstable to beat someone this way. It's getting way too common these days which is scary because the seriousness of it is ending". The doctor said looking through her file," She is unconscious because of blood loss and the trauma from the fight she put on. We are running some more test to be sure about any other injury. We will inform you if there is anything more".

He pulled on his hair punching the wall beside him as his anger seem to only get heavier. He knows he is an angry man and his anger is the worst but he always has a valid reason for it.

Why was he shaking this bad because of a woman he just met?.

He stayed on the cold chair waiting for the next couple of hours for her to shifted into the ward and he knows he has to hide her away from her husband as if he finds about this it won't end well.

Instead, he needs to hide her from everyone.

"When did that bastard married her?". His voice held the menacing as he spoke to Waqas on call not being able to stop himself from wondering

"I thought I told you that you will receive no such information from me". Waqas said blankly as he was asleep and woken by his call at this late hour, "Why are you obsessing over her life?".

"I am not obsessing. I was just...". He stopped as he didn't have anything to say so he cut the call knowing Waqas is useless for now

He wonders if she was abused in the village and those were her previous offender or was there something he was missing?. If she turned 18 last month it means she must have been married for a month, right?. There were many ongoing questions that he continued to think of and having no answer to them.

He can find the answer in less than a minute if he wants to but for the first time, he isn't sure about that decision. If he goes deeper into her hidden secret will he be able to pull out?. He knows himself enough to know if he placed his hand over something he shouldn't have there will be no going back no matter what the cost may be.

He release a frustrated grunt feeling at the very edge when he was informed that he can meet her in the ward. He took a deep breath brushing his hand on his tired face he already had a long office workday adding this event and it's continuous drama into him only tire him more.