CHAPTER 9: Born For Each Other - Part 2

Karura noticed that Temari had a pout and a question mark face again. "What's the matter..?" She inquired.

"Its nothing mom. But I have this weird feeling. Don't know how to say but I feel like I'm not the only one." Temari replied scrunching her nose in confusion.

"Huh..? What do you mean sweetie...?" Karura asked getting intrigued.

"Its like....." she began to think of a best way to explain. "Its like, someone is out there who can give me competition." She said thoughtfully.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Far away... Senju Residence, Land of Waves...)

"Achoooo..." Naruto who was playing in the garden suddenly sneezed. He was playing with a tiny Katsuyu. Naruto was crawling around and trying to catch the tiny slug that his mother summoned for him. Katsuyu is always delighted whenever Tsunade summoned her to play with Naruto.

"Bless you..." Shizune said who was babysitting Naruto so he won't get himself into mud again. Being chewed out by Lady Tsunade once was enough.

"Someone must be thinking about you Naru." She said again. But then she saw Naruto had stopped crawling up to Katsuyu as soon as he sneezed, and made a confused but cute expression on his face like he was thinking seriously about something. To Shizune he looked so adorable that she thought of hugging him like a teddy bear and never let go.

"Shizune... come inside we need to ready the bath for Naru..." came the shout of Tsunade.

"Coming Lady Tsunade..." Shizune replied.

"Lady Katsuyu, can you watch Naru for me..? I will come back to take him inside in a few minutes." Shizune requested the slug summon.

"Oh its no problem Shizune-chan. Besides I enjoy my time with Naruto-kun." came the delighted reply of Katsuyu. Shizune nodded at Katsuyu gratefully and then went inside to help Tsunade to prepare the bath for Naruto. Naruto was still having that cute thoughtful expression on his face.

As soon as Shizune was no longer in sight, Katsuyu noticed some movement in the nearby bushes. She felt something in there, so she crawled up to that bush. But suddenly a regular sized snake jumped on her. The snake was no match for Katsuyu, but it was only a distraction. Another snake which is the size of a python was making its way towards the still thoughtful baby Naruto who was oblivious to its approach. It was green in color mixing up with the grass making it unseen for a naked eye. Katsuyu was engaged in disposing of the first snake with her acid, but she did not know there was another snake about to strike Naruto. Even if she knew about the other snake, she could not make it fast enough to save him. The python opened its maw to strike a still unaware Naruto...!

------------------------------------------------------------

(Few Moments later...)

When Tsunade and Shizune walked outside to take Naruto for his bath, they were confused and surprised along with Katsuyu too.

There was a large bird standing in the grass near a happily giggling Naruto. The bird is three feet tall and can come up to Tsunade's waist level in height if it stood tall. The bird looked like an eagle but not quite the same. It has the body structure of an eagle but its size is far large to be an actual eagle. Its feather colors are so vibrant, which was never seen by any of them including Katsuyu. Even though it has large size and vibrant colors (In nature when an animal has bright vibrant colors, it means that the animal is either poisonous or dangerous) the bird seemed to be calm. It was looking at a giggling Naruto until Tsunade and Shizune walked in. When the bird noticed their presence it turned its head towards Tsunade.

Tsunade was fearing for her son's safety in the presence of an unknown large bird, but as soon as the bird looked at her, she doesn't know why but she felt at ease. Its like the bird has a calming aura that calms everyone in its vicinity. Almost like someone was guiding her, she walked up to her son and picked him up. While this was happening the bird didn't even make any moment at all, like all scared birds do when a human approaches them.

Tsunade, Shizune and Katsuyu were all staring in awe at the mighty bird. Once the bird saw that the boy was safe, It released its wings which were 3 meters wide each. Then it released a mighty screech, and took flight. The screech was not the one that shocked Tsunade, Shizune and Katsuyu, but what shocked them was what they saw in the bird's talons. Hanging from the massive and ferocious looking talons was the lifeless corpse of a green colored python. The python was massive. It could weigh easily around 300 pounds. All three had no clue how the bird could lift that much weight like it was just a feather.

The bird started circling around them in the sky making a gentle breeze of wind and then threw the dead python far away, where it can't be found by anyone.

Naruto who was still in the hands of Tsunade was clapping and giggling enjoying the gentle breeze created by the bird. As soon as the bird started to fly away, he lifted his tiny hand towards the sky where he could still see the bird disappearing into the distance and said, "WIND..!"

------------------------------------------------------------

(Right After Naruto Said 'WIND'... In Sand Village)

Temari who was in the play ground listening carefully about all her mom's exploits when she was a ninja, suddenly felt like someone rested their hand on her shoulder gently. She looked back in surprise, while her mother seemed to be curious about her daughter's sudden reaction.

"Temari..?" Karura inquired curious as to why her daughter is looking back with a confused expression.

Temari blinked her eyes when Karura called her and turned to face her mom and said, "Its nothing mom, I just... I just felt like someone rested a hand on my shoulder." Just then a gentle breeze of wind surrounded the two females who have no idea about what was going on. The gentle breeze of wind caused two of Temari's lower pig tails get lose making her long hair to fall freely and flow in the wind making her look like an angel to her mother's eyes.