CHAPTER 3: Shifts in The Sand

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsu

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 3

Shifts in The Sand

While the Namikaze family is eagerly waiting for their Naruto to come into this world, there was some major unrest going on far away in the Sand village.

It was another hot day in sand village. Everyone in the village seems to be working. Civilians going for their daily works, merchants and vendors opening their shops. But for one three year old Temari, that was not the case. She and her two year old brother just found out that they are going to have another sibling soon. The kids and their parents were so happy they even planned to make a family dinner plan.

"Those damn counchil members just have to ruin it, don't they?" Temari said to herself standing in the hallway of the house, hands folded and face set in frown like a stubborn child. She was so young she could not even pronounce some words properly.

The eldest daughter of Rasa got irritated that her dad has to attend an important meeting when they were just about to celebrate the news of having a new sibling in future.

But her dad promised to her that he will be back as soon as possible before he went to attend the meeting called upon by the council of the Sand village. She released a long breath and decided to wait for her father to return. She entered her room and...

"Kankuro, what are you doing in my roo..." she stopped in mid sentence and pointed to some type of box that Kankuro was holding in his hands and questioned "is that mom's make up kit..?"

"hmmmm... Yeah..." replied the two year old Kankuro, while awkwardly trying to hide the makeup box from his sister's scrutinizing eyes.

"whatcha doing with it?" Temari asked still unsure of why her brother was having her mom's make up box in his hands.

"That's... That's... none of your business...!" Kankuro screamed childishly and then ran out of Temari's room.

Temari was surprised by his outburst for a second but then remembered that he was in her room. She threw a pillow in the direction of retreating Kankuro and shouted "Don't enter my room with your tea parties and cat suits again."

"I don't do tea parties, and those are pajamas not cat suits." She heard her brother shout back.

She went back to her bed and thought "He may be weird, but he's still my weird brother. Soon I'm gonna have another younger brother." She told herself lovingly, but then thought I wonder what's that meeting about that dad has to attend urgently.

------------------------------------------------------------

"I wonder what this meeting is about that I have to attend urgently." Rasa asked the assembled council members.

"Its about the future of the Sand, Kazekage-sama. As we all know Sand village is on its last legs now. We were humiliated by the Leaf village in the Second Shinobi World War. Our every assault on Leaf forces were countered by Sakumo Hatake - The White Fang, every poison Chiyo-sama came up with, was always countered by Tsunade Senju - The Slug Princess, our forces have been massively attacked by Orochimaru - The Snake Sannin and his summons and most importantly each and every one of our top secret plans to invade Leaf were spoiled by Jiraiya - The Toad Sage and his spy network even before the plans were put into motion." The newly appointed council man Yura said.