CHAPTER 30: Inevitable Night! But Wait, Who Are You? - Part 2

(Leaf Village... Leaf Police Force Head Quarters...)

The windows of the Leaf Police Force Head Quarters were broken in multiple places with too much blood stains on them. The masked person came out of the Leaf Police Force Head Quarters after finishing off all those present inside the building.

As soon as he stepped out of the building, two shurikens went right through him seemingly not harming him and got stuck in the wall beside him. The masked person turned to look at his attacker and found a 13 year old female Uchiha with her Sharingan eyes activated and ready to attack him again.

"Oh... Such fine eyes...!" The masked man complimented the girl's Sharingan, seemingly not caring about her attack.

The girl had long brown hair and was wearing a long sleeved, high-collared purple shirt with the Uchiha clan symbol on the back, baggy blue pants, a shuriken hostler on her right leg, red armband on her left arm and a long purple fingerless glove that ran nearly the length of her arm. She threw two kunai this time towards the masked man, but like the shurikens earlier, the kunai also seemed to phase right through him and got stuck in the wall.

"No way...!" the girl mumbled to herself in terror as she saw her weapons phase right through him and not causing him any harm. She turned around and tried to run, in order to retreat for now.

The masked person pointed his right hand towards the fleeing girl and from his sleeves a black chain rushed forward and captured the girl, tightly binding her arms to her chest. He then dragged the girl towards himself.

The girl was having tears as if she knew that these were her final moments. As she saw the masked person was ready to kill her, she desperately thought Help me Itachi... Please help me...

------------------------------------------------------------

(Leaf Village... Uchiha District...)

"Oh, Don't worry Sasuke... You're not worth killing..." Itachi turned around not facing his brother who is about to fall into unconsciousness and continued, "If you wish to kill me one day in hate and revenge... Survive in such an unsightly manner as this... By all means flee... Cling to your wretched life..." Then he took a pause to look at Sasuke with his Sharingan eyes over his shoulder and continued, "... and then one day when you possess the same eyes, come back and face me..." Those were the words that Sasuke was able to hear and he thought he saw something else in Itachi before succumbing to unconsciousness.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Few Moments Later... Leaf Village... Anbu HQ...)

"We're moving out..." Shouted Hiruzen to the assembled Anbu forces who are divided into two squads. Danzo was also standing along with him on his right side.

"Those on my team... To the Leaf Police Force Head Quarters..." Instructed Danzo to the squad on his right side.

"My team... To the Uchiha district..." Instructed Hiruzen to the squad on his left side.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Leaf Village... Uchiha District...)

The Anbu squad with Hiruzen arrived too late as the entire Uchiha clan were slaughtered and all they could do was to get shocked looking at the aftermath of the massacre.

This is horrible...!

What happened...?

These were some of the whispers coming from the shell shocked Anbus.

Hiruzen felt like he failed again and shouted his next orders to his Anbu, "Rescue anyone who still remains alive..." Anbu nodded to his orders and scattered to do as they were instructed.

Soon a purple haired female Anbu wearing a mask that resembles a cat with three red stripes, one vertical stripe on the forehead and two horizontal stripes, one on each cheek found Sasuke collapsed unconscious on the streets but still alive, "Lord Third... There's a survivor..."

"Get him to the medical unit ASAP." Hiruzen ordered the purple haired Anbu. Then he turned to address the other Anbus and commanded, "Search for all of the corpses, I mean every single one... Search the buildings too..."

Each and every Anbu present there with the Hokage nodded and left to do as they were ordered.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Leaf Village... Leaf Police Fore HQ...)

When Danzo and his Anbu team arrived at the Leaf Police Force HQ, there was carnage every where and the entire building was filled with corpses of the Uchihas who were slain brutally.

Everything was according to his plan and all the corpses present there were recovered. But there was an anomaly in the scene that made him pause. The anomaly that caught his attention was a huge crater with almost 20 feet radius just outside of the building. The crater seemed like it was 6 feet deep. It was an anomaly in this scene according to him because there were no dead bodies in the crater which seemed to be odd.

After few more minutes of thinking he wrote it off as a collateral damage caused by a wrongly aimed Jutsu. He then started walking towards the Uchiha district where Hiruzen is supposed to be.