CHAPTER 21: Memories To Cherish From The Sand - Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

WARNING (PLEASE READ): Recently I have noticed that my fanfiction story is showing up in some mirror sites which are just copying Wattpad. These sites are dangerous for your safety and may infect your device with malwares. I have posted my fanfiction story only on fanfiction.net website & Wattpad. If you're reading my fanfiction story on any other website other than fanfiction.net & Wattpad, then I suggest you to immediately leave that website and go back to fanfiction.net or Wattpad to read my fanfiction story.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsus

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 21

Memories To Cherish From The Sand

It was an early morning and Karura was heading towards the kitchen/dining area to prepare breakfast. She's sure that all 4 kids must be waiting there already. The door to the kitchen was left open and as she was about to step in...

"They are not." She heard Temari saying.

"They are, too...!" She heard Kankuro replying.

Karura entered the kitchen and found Naruto and Temari sitting side by side at the table and Kankuro sitting across from them. It seems Naruto was busy going through the cereal he is gonna eat, while Temari and Kankuro seem to be involved in some kind of a discussion.

"Your hypothesis is completely disconfirmed by all the data. You're just clinging to it, out of intellectual stubbornness." Temari said again.

They must be discussing something really important about their Shinobi training or something related to that, I guess... Karura thought

"No... You're displaying a shocking ignorance of the subject matter..." Kankuro started saying like it was a universal truth and paused just for a few seconds. Karura was about to ask what it was that they are discussing about, but suddenly...

"Mummies and Zombies are the exact same thing...!" Kankuro finished his sentence. Whatever Karura was about to ask about the topic died in her throat after hearing Kankuro's statement.

Temari showed only mild irritation on her face and just after a few seconds she said, "Oh yeah..? Mummies are wrapped in bandages."

Temari...! Not you too..! What the hell happened to you..!? Karura screamed in her head with a dumbfounded look at the exchange of back and forth between elder sister and her younger brother.

"That's called a 'Fashion Choice'..." Kankuro replied to his sister as a matter of fact.

Karura turned towards her eldest daughter and Temari looked like she had enough and was about to bonk Kankuro on the head with her fan, but....

"Alright... You brought this on yourself..." Temari stated and leaned back on her chair and said, "Naruto, get him..."

"If a Zombie bites you, you turn into a Zombie..." Naruto started to say looking at Kankuro as soon as Temari brought him into the topic. "However, If a Mummy bites you... All you turn into, is some silly 'Cat Suit Wearing Guy with a Mummy Bite'..."

"For the last time... Its not Cat Suit.." Kankuro shouted childishly.

"...So like a Zombie that's been eaten from the waist down... You sir, have no leg to stand on, in this debate..." Naruto finished his sentence seemingly ignoring Kankuro's shout.

"Good boy... Here's a cookie..." Temari said giving a cookie to Naruto with a smug look as Kankuro palmed his face and dragged it towards his chin in resignation.

"Oh thank you...!" the blond boy took the cookie with excitement.

What's happening here..? Was I dragged into another parallel universe when I was sleeping, where Temari acts like an actual kid..? were Karura's thoughts as she was observing the discussion of the trio with her eyes being the size of dish plates.

"Hey fellas... What's going on..?" came Gaara's greeting as he entered the kitchen/dining area and sat beside Kankuro.

"Mummies and Zombies again..." Temari replied still maintaining the smug look. Gaara just released a sigh at his brother and sister.

Well... At least Gaara looks same... So maybe I'm not stuck in a parallel universe... Karura thought as she studied her youngest son. But all that thought process went into garbage when Gaara opened his mouth...

"They're not the same thing..." Gaara replied to his elder brother with a shake of his head referring to Mummies and Zombies. Kankuro just released a sigh finally accepting his defeat.

"You get a cookie too..." Temari replied as she gave Gaara a cookie too while somehow increasing the intensity of smugness on her face.

"Thanks..." Gaara accepted the cookie.

"Ok... now I get it... I am still sleeping and in a dream... All I have to do is to go back to my bed and try to wake up..." Karura thought out loud and went towards the kitchen door to get out.

All three siblings didn't respond and turned towards Naruto with some expectation on their faces.

"Wait for it..." Naruto whispered back while rubbing his palms like an evil genius.

All three siblings nodded and turned towards their retreating mother. Karura stepped out of kitchen/dining area and shut the door by pushing it from the outside. All four kids inside the kitchen heard a bucket falling and sound of water splashing on the other side of the door.

"YESSSS...!" Naruto shouted as he jumped on the dining table pointing a fist to the sky. "I'm the Prankster King From Hell..." He then turned towards the three dumbfounded siblings. "What..? Told you, I could prank Aunt Karura with The Big Bang Theory scene, didn't I?" He replied smugly. All Three siblings recovered from their shock that their mother actually fell for Naruto's silly prank and started laughing heart fully.

"Lets go..." He shouted again in excitement and ran towards the door with a camera in hand. The three siblings also ran behind him without missing a beat, all the while having laughs of their own.