CHAPTER 32: It's A Responsibility - Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

WARNING (PLEASE READ): Recently I have noticed that my fanfiction story is showing up in some mirror sites which are just copying fanfiction.net website & Wattpad. These sites are dangerous for your safety and may infect your device with malwares. I have posted my fanfiction story only on fanfiction.net website & Wattpad. If you're reading my fanfiction story on any other website other than fanfiction.net & Wattpad, then I suggest you to immediately leave that website and go back to fanfiction.net or Wattpad to read my fanfiction story.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsus

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 32

It Doesn't Mean Being A Hero, It's A Responsibility

It had been three years since The Uchiha Massacre and nothing noteworthy happened during this period. Even The Nine Tails beast didn't even try to contact the blond boy any more after getting thrashed onto the seal cage. Sasuke had decided to become distant from his peers as suspected by Inoichi. Now he stays mostly silent in the classes and talks to Naruto only with short discussions and not the others from the rookie 9 gang.

Naruto was wearing another pair of white dabbing monkey T-shirt & white shorts which are perfect for his present height and they were given to him by Hiruzen on his recent 12th birthday as a gift. The shinobi lessons being taught in the Ninja Academy have started boring Naruto to no end and today the blond happens to be sitting in another boring lecture being given by Mizuki sensei.

"So, class, can anyone explain what the word 'Shinobi' means?" Mizuki asked the assembled class after his lecture.

Many hands shot up among the class students wanting to answer the question. Mizuki pointed to Kiba and said, "Yes Kiba..." allowing Kiba to explain. Kiba had his companion Akamaru resting on top of his head, whom he got just recently.

Kiba jumped up from his seat and stood on the table, "Shinobi is someone who is a badass..." then he paused to give a double thumbs up pointing to himself and continued, "...Like me." to which Akamaru barked agreeing with Kiba.

"Great confidence... But No Kiba..." Mizuki said shaking his said and pointed to Ino giving her a chance to explain.

Ino stood up haughtily and said, "Shinobi is someone who is invisible to the eye and invincible to the enemy."

"Somewhat close, but still not correct..." Mizuki said and pointed to Sakura and said, "Yes Sakura..." allowing the pink haired girl to explain.

Sakura stood up with confidence and said, "Shinobi or Ninja is a word used to refer a person who uses either the Physical prowess or the Mental prowess along with or without the use of Chakra to achieve something that is either too difficult or impossible for the normal people to achieve. If that particular person happens to be a female, then she can be called a 'Kunoichi' too." Sakura repeated the textbook meaning of the term 'Shinobi' without missing a beat.

"Well that's exactly correct... Good job Sakura..." Mizuki appreciated her along with nod and motioned for all the three kids to sit down.