CHAPTER 32: It's A Responsibility - Part 2

Once the kids had settled down Mizuki addressed the class again, "Well what Sakura said is exactly true.... But being a Shinobi also means being a Hero to the vill..." Mizuki stopped mid sentence when he heard a yawn.

*YAWN* Naruto couldn't help but yawn as he just woke up and he immediately apologized for yawning, "Oh I'm sorry sensei... Please carry on..." Eevee was also sleeping near him.

As soon as he heard Naruto interrupting him with his yawn, the anger within Mizuki started boiling against the blond kid. But he covered it very well and asked the blond, "You don't agree with the definition of Being a Shinobi Naruto...?" Eevee also woke up when she heard Mizuki's question.

"No No No... Its not like that Sens..." Naruto was interrupted by Mizuki who said, "Class today Naruto Senju will explain what it means to be a Shinobi..." He made sure to put emphasis on the name and then approached Naruto and handed him the chalk that he was holding till now, "Go on... explain Naruto..." and motioned the blond kid to go up to the black board.

Naruto felt a little bit embarrassed at being pointed out like this but Mizuki insisted, "Go on Naruto, explain what you think it means..." Mizuki felt really satisfied at the chance to put the blond kid down. Then he nudged the blond kid forward gently.

Naruto approached the blackboard and stood in somewhat awkward silence for a few seconds. "We don't have all day Naruto..." Mizuki insisted again fully enjoying this moment.

"Well..." Naruto started awkwardly, but he heard Eevee yipping in encouragement for him to go on. He then took a deep breath and remembered his Great Grandfather Hashirama's and Great Granduncle Tobirama's journals that he read.

Naruto turned towards the board and wrote 'Shinobi' on it and turned back to face the class again and said, "Being a Shinobi doesn't mean being a badass, being invincible, being greater than normal people or being a Hero..." He said referring to the explanations given by Kiba, Ino, Sakura and Mizuki and took a small pause to gather his thoughts and continued again, "...Being a Shinobi means being ready to shoulder the burden of hatred so that the others can share love, being able to be involved in conflicts so that the others can live in harmony and being able to live in the darkness so that the others can live in the light..." He took another pause to look at the class and found everyone listening to him intensively. He closed his eyes and the flashes of what happened to Eevee 7 years ago kept on going through his mind. He remembered how he found Eevee in a critical life & death situation when he returned from The Sand Village and what he did in retaliation after seeing his companion in such a position. He then opened his eyes and continued, "Finally, being a shinobi means being ready to give your life or take someone else's life, if it means saving a thousand more lives."

The class erupted into an uproar after hearing the last sentence. But surprisingly Mizuki stayed quiet.

What do you mean by 'giving your life'...!?

What do you mean by 'taking someone else's life'...!?

That's a lie...! Being a Shinobi means using flashy Jutsus...!

You're lying...!

These were some of the loudest shouts from among the class students.

"It's the truth..."

Entire class turned towards the source of the voice and found Iruka standing at the door. Among the confusion and shouts, no one noticed that Mizuki's class time was over and Iruka came as it was his class time now but was waiting patiently just outside the door until now as he heard the topic at discussion.

"Iruka Sensei...?" Sakura questioned to make sure what she heard is right or not.

"Yes, what Naruto said is the bitter truth about Shinobi that no one wants to hear or wants to say to innocent children like you..." Iruka said addressing the children and took a pause to release a resigned sigh and continued again, "In a month all of you will take the graduation exam and those who pass it will become Genins. As a shinobi you may be required to sabotage, infiltrate, assassinate and even murder others... The Ninja Academy only teaches the children about how to Become a Shinobi, but it is the job of your future Jounin sensei who will be assigned to you if you become a Genin, to explain you and make you understand the horrors of Being a Shinobi." He made sure to put emphasis on the words 'Become a Shinobi' and 'Being a Shinobi'.

The entire class fell into silence as the children were reflecting on what Naruto said and what Iruka sensei just confirmed. As the reality check was given to them before the graduation exams, some children were having doubts whether to become a Shinobi or not.

The silence was eventually broken by Naruto who said, "So, as you can understand Mizuki sensei..." He took a pause to gather his thoughts and said, "Being a Shinobi doesn't mean being a Hero, It's a responsibility..."

Mizuki who was at a loss of words, was seething inside at the blond kid who dared to mock him by showing off. But on the outside, he just smiled and agreed with a nod. That gesture from their senseis solidified the hesitation in some of the children who were having doubts whether to become a ninja for real or not.

------------------------------------------------------------

(That Evening... Ninja Academy... Empty Class Room...)

"That Nine Tails kid has the guts to mock me like that in front of everyone...?" Mizuki slowly muttered to himself in frustration. He was sitting behind his desk in the classroom resting his chin on top of his hands with his fingers laced.

Then he seemingly calmed down after few moments and muttered again, "But I don't have to mind him anymore... Its time to put my plan in action in the coming month after the graduation exam while everyone will be busy with the task of assigning the fresh Genins to Jounins."

Then darkness started surrounding him, which concealed him from the view just as he started to laugh like a maniac.

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Please don't read my fanfiction on any website other than fanfiction.net & Wattpad cause all those other websites are just mirror sites with possible malwares in them.

The much awaited Ninja Academy Graduation Exam may be coming up in the next chapter...

So, don't miss the next chapter and stay tuned to find out what happens next in the story...

As I already mentioned many times... Since this is my fanfiction, I will be making some major and minor changes to the original story as I see fit for my fanfiction to evolve... That's why Ayame and Teuchi storyline is changed from canon as I see fit for them to get involved in my story. Hopefully you all will like the changes I am gonna do in future...

Also, If you notice a spelling mistake anywhere in my story, then I request you to please mention which chapter and what is the mistake in reviews. I will go back and correct the spelling mistakes.

Thanks in advance for all my readers for giving your support...

This was my first ever fanfiction. Please leave your valuable opinions in reviews. Next chapter will be coming soon, Dattebayo.