CHAPTER 34: Jiraiya's Knowledge - Part 2

(Leaf Village Council Room...)

Hiruzen was surprised when the Shinobi council along with the Civilian council was assembled without his knowledge in the council room and asked his and Naruto's presence before the council, but he didn't show it. He first sealed the forbidden scroll securely and then sat down in his allocated seat in the council room. Hiruzen noted the absence of Danzo, but he paid it no mind as Danzo only comes to a meeting when it is absolutely important. Naruto who had no idea why the council members were gathered now, simply approached his mother Tsunade Senju and stood on the left side of her seat.

"I am really not sure that I was the one who called the council to assemble, so please enlighten me." Hiruzen said starting the conversation.

Koharu was about to start, but Tsunade interrupted her by saying, "Before we start... Since this concerns the matters of Shinobi, I request the Civilian council to leave this meeting."

All the Civilian council members started gritting their teeth in hatred as this was another direct attack on their power to govern the village after their humiliating loss regarding the Sakumo Hatake issue.

"Approved." Hiruzen granted her request without any second thought as he no longer needs the Civilian council for the village welfare. In his opinion they were constantly undermining his authority anyway.

After the Civilian council members left one by one Koharu said, "The council meeting today is regarding the forbidden scroll..."

"What about it...?" Hiruzen probed.

"Even if the Senju Clan Heir retrieved the scroll from the traitor, he still stole a very high class forbidden jutsu for himself." Homura replied adjusting his glasses.

"Huh...? Stolen...?" Naruto was about to say some more, but a sharp look from Tsunade stopped him.

"What a drag..." (you all know who it was)

"The pup saved the village secrets... Instead of appreciating his efforts, all of you are after the pup cause he saw a jutsu in the scroll...?" Tsume Inuzuka growled lightly.

"He may have saved the village secrets from falling into wrong hands, but he still saw the contents of the forbidden scroll." Hiashi Hyuga mentioned.

"That may be true... However, depending on the information given by my Kikaichu, Naruto-san does not have any ill intent behind his actons." Shibi Aburame voiced out his opinion. He came to that conclusion as the bugs in his body did not find any ill intent from the blond, but he still could not understand why his bugs are refusing his command to go anywhere near the blond kid.

"It's not about the matter of intent Shibi-san but about looking inside the scroll and taking a forbidden jutsu..." Inoichi Yamanaka reminded.

"Well... Since he's a kid, may be we can forgive him...?" Choza suggested.

"Forgive him...? The boy took a high class fire jutsu and almost burned out one entire section of the forest...!" Koharu exclaimed.

"Even though he's kid... He did take a high class forbidden jutsu... These jutsus are forbidden for a reason..." Homura explained the situation calmly unlike his angry female teammate.

Hiruzen was about come to the defense of Naruto, but Tsunade calmly spoke, "The Leaf Village Constitution – Part II – Article 40."

"What...?" Koharu questioned.

"Honorable elder... Don't you know the fundamental rights of the village that you're supposed to advice the Hokage in governing?" Tsunade said respectfully infuriating the elder even more.

"What are you..." Koharu was about to explode, but Shikaku Nara cut in before things could escalate by saying, "The Leaf Village Constitution – Part II – Article 40, is one of the fundamental rights, written by the Second Hokage Tobirama Senju... It says that if any Leaf village ninja puts his or her life on the line for saving the village secrets or the village governing body which includes The Hokage or The Elders or The Shinobi Council members then he or she can choose to have either the mission payment that is equivalent to the risk involved or a jutsu from the forbidden scroll that is equivalent to the risk involved as long as he or she is neither a flight risk nor a threat to the village."

...Pin drop silence...

The silence that prevailed was unbearable for Koharu and Homura. Tsunade chose to break the silence, "The forbidden scroll that my son retrieved is an SSSSS – category forbidden scroll containing the knowledge earned by all of the noteworthy ninjas that The Leaf village had ever produced." Tsunade took small pause so that the others can process this information and then continued, "My son, a freshly graduated Genin put his life on the line to save the village secrets and the life of a Chunin against a Rogue Chunin. In return he took only one S – Class jutsu and he can still choose four more S – class jutsus or mission payment for four S - ranked missions according to the fundamental right mentioned in The Leaf Village Constitution – Part II – Article 40. If any of you including the Hokage himself try to break any law or fundamental right given by constitution then the issue will be taken to the court of The Fire Daimyo, who will retract all the support from the village once it gets proven that the fundamental rights and laws set down by The Leaf Village Constitution are being broken."

Koharu opened and closed her mouth few times trying to come up with a fair argument but could not find one. Beside her Homura was in the same condition.

Seeing that his teammates were out of words to counter the argument of the defense, Hiruzen coughed to get the attention, "Well since as it is a fundamental right, Naruto Senju is innocent and if he wants he can choose to ask for the remaining four Jutsus or equivalent mission payments."

Seeing no one arguing anymore Hiruzen addressed the council, "If that is all then let's retire for the night and we shall discuss about the compromise in village security and issue regarding the traitor in a meeting tomorrow at 10AM sharp."

With that one by one all of them left and only Tsunade, Hiruzen and Naruto were left in the room.

"Wow Mom...! You're so cool...! You should've looked at their faces... They all seemed like they just swallowed a frog." Naruto said excited pointing to the door through which the council members left to which Tsunade just smiled and ruffled his hair which made him smile even more brightly.

"That's why I always think that your mom would make one hell of a Hokage..." Hiruzen intelligently laid his trap for Tsunade.

"Sensei... I'm not falling for your tricks..." Tsunade replied with her dangerously sweet smile and took Naruto's hand before leaving the room.

"Shit... It was too obvious... Next time I have to be even more subtle..." Hiruzen mumbled to himself after slamming the table with his fist in frustration.