CHAPTER 10: A Mysterious Ally - Part 2

Shizune took the camera from Jiraiya so she can capture Jiraiya's special moment with Naruto too. Then they set the camera on timer mode and put it on a nearest tree branch, so that they can take a family picture with baby Naruto who can now stand a little easily. Tsunade and Shizune were standing side by side while baby Naruto stood in front of them in the middle with a smiling face while Jiraiya who was taller than all of them was in the back giving a peace sign with a heartfelt smile. When the timer hit two second mark both Katsuyu and that cute baby fox also joined the picture. Katsuyu was on Naruto's right side while the baby fox was on his left side. The camera clicked the picture completing the perfect family picture.

Tsunade who witnessed the baby fox being petted by Naruto, decided to adapt the kit. After all the fox kit was the one that made her son to take his first steps. She decided to take the fox kit to a nearest veterinarian soon to give it all the necessary medication and vaccination for the baby fox to be safe. She will let Naruto to name it when he can.

------------------------------------------------------------

(That evening...)

After witnessing his godson's very first steps and playing with him for some time Jiraiya took his leave from the family because he has a mysterious bird to investigate about.

He gave the camera with pictures to a local studio owner for development. He also paid little extra to make sure the photos will be framed ready two days before Naruto's first birthday. Then he decided to visit Mount Myoboku to see if the toads know anything about the bird or not.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Few moments later... Mount Myoboku...)

"Hmm... a large bird, capable of lifting more than 300 pounds of weight, with features of an eagle but large in size and with vibrant looking red and yellow feathers." Gamamaru muttered in thought with half lidded eyes while resting on his throne.

Standing before Gamamaru were Jiraiya and Fukasaku. When even Fukasaku did not know anything about the bird Jiraiya has asked about, he decided to take the toad Sannin to Gamamaru, too see if the great elder toad has any knowledge of the bird.

"Well Jiraiya boy... When I was still a tadpole, my great grandmother used to tell me the tales of a certain bird..." Gamamaru has still half lidded eyes and did not make any movements, but from his tone alone both Jiraiya and Fukasaku could tell that the great elder toad was surprised.

"She always used to say that it was just a myth, when I asked her if the bird exists in real life or not..." Gamamaru recited his memories to the two of them.

Jiraiya looked like he was about to ask something but was interrupted when Gamamaru spoke, "I think the bird you are looking for, is a Phoenix."

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: This was my first ever fan fiction. Please rate the story and leave your valuable opinions in reviews. Next chapter will be coming soon, Dattebayo.