CHAPTER 26: A Glimpse of Skills Part - 3

"Shikamaru... Come on... You're next..." Mizuki called.

...

"Shikamaru...." Mizuki called again.

...

Shikamaru could be seen laying on the grass instead of standing in attention along with the rest of the class.

Sometimes I wish I could just be a cloud too... No need to do any work... No need to have any care in the world... Just go along with the flow... were the thoughts running pleasantly in Shikamaru's mind as he kept on gazing at the passing clouds in the sky. But his peaceful moment was interrupted when...

"SHIKAMARU...!" Mizuki shouted at the pineapple haired kid when he didn't respond twice when he called.

"Yes sensei..." Shikamaru stood up lazily and approached Mizuki to get this test over with so he can go back to his cloud watching again. He just lazily threw the weapons at the target. Amazingly one of his shuriken still hit the bullseye even though it was a horrible throw, while none of the others were anywhere close to bullseye.

His dad was right about him. The kid has absolutely zero motivation. Though how that one shuriken still hit the target, I have no idea... Iruka thought with a twitching eye brow. Mizuki was also more or less thinking the same thing with his mouth hung open.

He was not the only one who is shocked though, Naruto was laughing like crazy along with the entire class at the funniest show put on by the pineapple haired kid.

Shikamaru didn't wait for Iruka or Mizuki to come out of their shock or for his friends to stop laughing and went back to his cloud watching by laying down on the grass without any care in the world.

Iruka was the first to recover and he coughed a little loudly to get the class attention and possibly wake Mizuki from his own shock too. It worked as Mizuki recovered quickly and called out, "Sasuke... You're next..."

As soon as Mizuki said Sasuke, the fangirls of Sasuke started their frantic cheering for the duck butt haired kid.

"Show them what you've got Sasuke-kun..." an unknown girl whose name Sasuke doesn't even know shouted

"Yes...! Sasuke-kun.... You're the best...!" another unknown girl shouted.

"Uh... Teme... Don't mind me asking... But who are they..." Naruto asked leaning a little back where Sasuke was standing, only to see an irritated expression on the kid's face.

"Like I know who those girls are Dobe... I didn't eve..." The duck butt haired didn't get to finish as he was interrupted by a loud pitched shout coming from right next to the two whispering boys.

"SASUKE-KUN....! ME AND INO-PIG WILL CHEER FOR YOU...!"

Obviously, Sakura was the one who shouted, but it was so loud that it forced both Naruto and Sasuke to try to close their ears with their hands to stop the ringing in their ears.

But imagine Sakura's surprise when Ino didn't shout or cheer for Sasuke like she used to do in past whenever the topic of Sasuke comes. Sakura gave an odd look to Ino, to which Ino just responded, "What...?"

"Nothing..." Sakura turned her face away with a frown trying to think of what's going on in her friend's mind, while Sasuke walked up to Mizuki, still trying so hardly to ignore the rest of his fangirls cheers.

Sasuke remembered how his brother taught him the throwing techniques and took 5 kunai in one hand and 5 shuriken in the other. He threw them all at once at different human shaped targets placed in line, which made Iruka and Mizuki to get shocked as they didn't expect such a skill level from a boy so young.

4 kunai and 4 shuriken hit the bullseyes of the different human targets, while the remaining one kunai and one shuriken were very close to the bullseye.

"Well done Sasuke... 8 out of 10... That too with such a graceful throwing technique and hitting multiple targets at once... If you practice more, you can get 10 out of 10..." Iruka praised. Sasuke nodded in appreciation for his sensei's praise.

Sasuke then put his hands in pockets and walked up to Naruto and said, "Beat that... Dobe..."

"I will Teme..." Naruto accepted the challenge of his duck butt haired friend.

"Naruto..." Mizuki called. As soon as Mizuki read the name Naruto, Naruto felt some malice coming from Mizuki. But from the outside Mizuki was giving a kind smile. Naruto just narrowed his eyes for a moment and approached Mizuki to take the kunai and shuriken.

Naruto immediately found something odd about the weapons given to him. They were worn out and were definitely not in the best condition to do this test. But he just shrugged and took all 5 kunai in one hand and threw them first.

What happened next had not only scarred the minds of Iruka, Mizuki and the entire class, but also left Hiruzen shocked beyond belief who was watching the test through his crystal ball along with Jiraiya, Tsunade and Shizune from the Hokage tower.

When Naruto threw the kunai, the force and the speed of the throw were so great that the sound barrier shattered, and a shockwave was generated from Naruto's palm and it rushed outward towards those present there forcing them to fall on to the ground to save themselves from the oncoming danger.

No one knew whether the 5 kunai hit the target or not as the path of the kunai was destroyed and the human shaped target that Naruto aimed at, is no longer present. Not even splinters of that target were available to check.