CHAPTER 11: Memories To Remember - Part 2

(That Night... Senju Compound...)

The birthday party was not a fancy one. The family just invited some people only. Tazuna and his family left a little while ago after giving their own presents for Naruto. After waving them good bye, Tsunade came back to the living room and saw that Jiraiya was waiting for her in a chair on the left side of the couch. Naruto was sleeping peacefully in Jiraiya's arms. Tsunade took Naruto from him and settled on the couch.

"Well here are the pictures we took that day..." Jiraiya said as he handed her a photo album and picture frame. The album has the pictures of Naruto's first steps already in it and has more blank pages, so the family can store each and every special moment in it. The picture frame has the picture in which Tsunade, Jiraiya, Shizune, Naruto, Katsuyu and Eevee were there as a family. Tsunade kept the picture frame on the desk in the living room and she kept the album safely away for future.

"I forgot to give this present to him." Jiraiya muttered as he fished out a wrapped package from his clothes and handed it to her.

Tsunade opened the package and there were two items in it. The first one was a night cap with toad mouth, looking like it would eat the one who wore it and the second one was a money carrying purse in the shape of green toad, where the toad's mouth opens up to keep money inside.

Tsunade rose an eye brow at these and turned towards the toad Sannin and asked, "You're not baiting my son into signing The Toad Contract, are you..?"

"Don't know what you're talking about..." Jiraiya replied whistling lightly while looking at a wall that he found interesting all of a sudden.

Tsunade just released a sigh and put the toad cap on Naruto's head. Naruto made a smiling face in his sleep like he appreciated the warmth provided by the cap.

"I also found some info about that bird, in Mount Myoboku..." Jiraiya said.

"Tell me..." Tsunade said paying attention.

"Great elder toad said that he heard a legend about a bird that can summon the Eternal Fire. He said its name is Phoenix. But he also said it was just a myth and is not sure whether the bird you saw is a phoenix or not." Jiraiya explained what he found.

"Hmm..." Tsunade hummed in deep thought as she gazed at her sleeping son.

"Oh, and by the way.. Sensei could not come today as he was busy with Council Meetings..." Jiraiya slowly said putting emphasis on the words Council Meetings.

Tsunade caught on to what he was implying and asked, "What's the matter..?"

"Council is continuously making pressure on sensei to implement Clan Restoration Act." He answered.

Tsunade became serious and took the sleeping Naruto to his room and tucked him in. She then came back to continue the discussion.

"CRA on which clan..?" She inquired.

"Senju cla..."

"NO." Jiraiya was not able to finish as Tsunade interrupted him and then she continued again, "I won't be going through it."

"They did not ask CRA for you. You didn't let me finish..." Jiraiya said.

"Huh..?" was her confused reply.

"Council is asking CRA to be implemented on The Senju Clan Heir..." He said putting emphasis on Heir.

"You mean..." she inquired shaking in anger.

"Yes, They are making demands to put Naruto under CRA to restore Senju, Uzumaki and Namikaze clans." He said with anger too.

"Well, I won't let them. Its my son's life and he has to live it on his own wishes. If they make any more disturbances, then I will cut all my ties with Leaf Village and make sure Naruto never even hears about the village or its stupid people." She said her final decision.

"That's what I want for him too. If he wants to revive his clans, then its fine. But if he only loves one woman, then that's for the best too." Jiraiya said.

Tsunade can understand that if her son wishes to restore her clan, his mother's clan and his father's clan then he can, because that's what he wishes. But if he doesn't wish to, then no one in hell or heaven can force her son as long as she is still breathing.

"Anyway... Back to topic... Since sensei cannot come today, he sent this for Naruto as present from him..." Jiraiya said and handed a scroll to her.

Tsunade took the scroll and unsealed it. The scroll contained a standard training kunai and shuriken set and a white T-Shirt which has red color on the neck line and on hands starting from shoulders. In chest area the T-shirt has the picture of a monkey wearing cool sunglasses and doing a dabbing pose.

Tsunade sat there in silence staring at the dabbing monkey on the T-shirt. She then folded the T-shirt neatly and kept it back in its package and left it there on the table. She then stood up and started to pull her blond hair in a comical way and shouted, "STOP BAITING MY SON INTO SIGNING YOUR SUMMONING CONTRACTS...!"

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

For those who don't know about CRA:

CRA means Clan Restoration Act. Its a law that is implemented when a clan is dangerously near to extinction. It allows the last of the male clan members to have multiple spouses, to give birth to more children in order to restore their clan. If the last of the clan is a female, then the CRA will be implemented on her male children.

This was my first ever fan fiction. Please rate the story and leave your valuable opinions in reviews. Next chapter will be coming soon, Dattebayo.