CHAPTER 2: A Name That Brings Hope

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsus

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 2

A Name That Brings Hope

In a dense forest, there was a lot of smoke forming at a huge tree. Slowly the smoke started to dissipate allowing the two persons with in the smoke to be seen. One person was wearing a dark cloak and has a cap on his head. He had a band aid on the bridge of his nose. He was standing tall and looking down at the second person, pointing a kunai with his right hand in the second person's direction in an arrogant way. The second person was dressed up in a regular jounin outfit of The Leaf village, and he was breathing heavily due to some exhaustion. The most striking feature of the second person was that his hair was in blond color. His Leaf village head band was tied around his forehead, where it kept some unruly blonde hair locks of his from getting on his face.

"Just Give up." The first person demanded.

"Can I say one thing?..... aghh" The second blond person was attacked before he could finish.

"I don't care what you say!" shouted the first person, while hardly slamming the blond on to the trunk of the tree with his left shoulder. He then kept the blond firmly locked onto the tree trunk painfully.

"Just die already!" The first person said again in irritation.

"Give up..." Blond started to say in heavy breaths. The man got shocked that the blond could still talk. Then the person in his grip dispelled into smoke, revealing that he was fighting a Shadow Clone all this time.

All of a sudden the original blond appeared behind him with his left hand ready to deliver the finishing blow, "...on me Giving up!" the blond finished his sentence and then delivered a hard chop to the back of his attacker's neck. The chop was so strong that the attacker was hardly slammed onto the tree trunk in a painful way and then landed face first on to the large tree branch.

The person knew he was defeated, "Even if you take me down, another assassin will attack the village!" He informed the blond. He then started to grin and lifted his head to look at the blond that defeated him and said in between heavy breaths and panting, "As long as we are cursed to live in this ninja world, there can be (panting)... no peace (panting)... ever... (panting)"

"Well.., I'm going to break that curse one day. If there is truly such a thing as peace, then somehow I'm going to find it. And I will never stop looking." The blond replied.

"Who... Who are you..?" the defeated person asked looking genuinely surprised.

The blond then lifted his hand to introduce himself, "My name is..."

Minato was interrupted from reading the book "Tales Of A Gutsy Ninja", by Jiraiya slapping him on his back.

"Hey.... So you were reading my Tales Of A Gutsy Ninja book, are you?" Jiraiya seemed happy that someone is interested in reading his very first book.

"Well... It's only my first published work. So the sentences can be a bit childish and I didn't do a great job." The Sannin said while taking a seat in front of Minato. He seemed embarrassed at his work.

"Oh.. no, I don't believe that at all. I think that this tale is wonderful." Minato said, seemingly very impressed by the book.

"Every chapter reads like one of the numerous legendary exploits you told me about. Its like, it's almost auto biographical..!" Minato said referring to the tales mentioned in the book.

"Yeah.... But it didn't sell at all..." Jiraiya said awkwardly, and then he started to scratch his cheek like he just got an idea and said "For my next one I think I'll add some spicy elements to pack it up...!"

"The main character in here, I thought that his determination to Never Give Up was pretty awesome. He's actually quite a lot like you sensei." Minato said still looking at the book.

"Yeah..? You think so...?" Jiraiya inquired getting hopeful.

"So, I was thinking.... I really hope my soon to be child to become an amazing Shinobi, which is like the main character in your book" Minato expressed his feelings.

"So that's why I'd like to ask your permission, to name my son after him." said Minato putting the book down on the table.

"You... what..!? Are you sure about this? I mean, I only came up with it while eating ramen!" exclaimed Jiraiya, finding it shocking that his student is going to name his son after his book's main character.

"Naruto..."

A very pregnant looking Kushina has joined the conversation looking pleased at the name for her soon to be child.

"Kushina..?" Jiraiya questioned her to make sure they are taking the right decision or not.

Kushina nodded her head to Jiraiya, conveying her wish to name her son as Naruto while rubbing her stomach in a loving way that only a mother could do.

"Wow...! So would that make me his Godfather then?" Jiraiya asked hopefully.

"We want you to be his Godfather Jiraiya sensei." both Kushina and Minato replied as one.

And the day went on with the three discussing about how happy the future will be, and how their soon to be child will become an awesome Shinobi.

Unknown to them, there was a storm awaiting in the darkness to swallow all of their lives into darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Some Unknown Location)

There was person sitting in the darkness wearing a dark cloak and a hood covering his identity. His facial features could not be seen from under his hood.

"All I need, is just one opportunity." The unknown person muttered to himself and then lifted his head up and started laughing like a maniac. In the process his hood dropped from his face while he was still laughing. There was a short glimpse of the white mask he was wearing on his face, having only one eye hole and has some dark stripes on it resembling a flame pattern. Peeking through the single eye hole ominously, was a sinister looking Mangekyo Sharingan.

------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: This was my first ever fanfiction. Please rate the story and leave your valuable opinions in reviews. Next chapter will be coming soon, Dattebayo.