CHAPTER 12: Love & Hatred - A Never Ending Cycle - Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsus

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 12

Love & Hatred – A Never Ending Cycle

It has been 4 years since the discussion about CRA being forced on Naruto took place. Tsunade sent a warning message to Leaf village with the Senju Clan seal that if they try to mess with the Senju clan heir, she would cut all her ties with the village and be a normal civilian of wave. That shut the mouths of so many, including Danzo himself. Losing a Sannin will be a major loss for the village.

Apart from that issue, life had been very pleasant in the Senju compound for these four years. When Naruto is around, its like time passes by in just mere seconds. He is now 5 years old, 3.5 feet tall and has unruly blond hair. He uses a regular looking red colored boy's head band to keep the hair from getting on his face.

Shizune was in the kitchen making breakfast while the mother and son duo are in the living room. Tsunade was in the process of explaining Naruto about his ancestors and their numerous legends and exploits. A five year old Naruto was in the lap of Tsunade and he was holding an album which contains the pictures of his ancestors. Tsunade flipped pictures in the album whenever she's finished talking about them. She flipped the next page.

"That's your great grandfather Naru... He was called as The God of Shinobi in his era. He was one of the three clan heads that founded the Leaf village." Tsunade explained showing a person's photo in the album. The picture was of a tall man with tanned skin and dark eyes. He had waist-length black hair typically styled in a centre-parted fringe that framed his face. He was clad in a dark red metal armour worn over a simple black suit with sandals. This armour, formed into multiple protective guards along his body; each collar of his shoulder guards bore the Senju symbol. He wore the Leaf Headband in his forehead proudly.

"Great grandpa looks awesome..! Mom, tell me more..." asked an excited Naruto turning his head a little high and back towards his mother. Tsunade nodded and Naruto turned back to the picture.

"He fought and defeated the Uchiha clan leader Madara Uchiha. After that he made peace by ending the long running clan wars between Senju and Uchiha." Tsunade explained. Naruto felt some type of unknown hate inside him when heard the name Madara Uchiha, but he didn't pay it any mind.

"What was his name mom..?" Naruto asked in awe still staring at the picture.

"Hashirama Senju." Tsunade said with pride in her voice.

"Hashirama Senju..." Naruto muttered while tenderly touching the picture. "Mom... Someday I will become an even more powerful shinobi, who will surpass great grandpa..! 'Naruto Senju', Believe it..!" He said with determination.

"Yes, I believe it..." Tsunade said gently ruffling his hair. Then she flipped the next picture.

In the next picture there was a tall person with silver & shaggy hair and he had red coloured eyes. He had three red markings on his face, one under each of his eyes and one on his chin. He wore blue armour with a distinctive white fur collar over a simple black suit. This armour was constructed from numerous metal plates, formed into multiple protective guards along his body. Beneath his shoulder armour he wore two extra shoulder guards on each arm. He wore a happuri which was engraved with Leaf emblem on his forehead instead of the more traditional forehead protector.

"He is my grand uncle, younger brother of my grandfather. Tobirama Senju." Tsunade said.

"So he is my great grand Uncle..?" Naruto inquired looking at the picture of Tobirama.

"Yes he is... He was the best when it came to strategy making and adapting to any kind of battle far faster than anyone else. When he and your great grandfather were on battle field, it was a nightmare for all their enemies..!" Tsunade recited her childhood stories to her son.

"I need a brother like him too..!" Naruto muttered.

------------------------------------------------------------

(Far Away in Leaf Village...)

A certain pineapple hair styled kid in the Nara clan compound suddenly sneezed. He was lying on grass in his garden watching the clouds.

"I guess some one is thinking about you." his father who was also lying with him in the garden said.

"Why do I feel like I will become a brother/advisor to a troublesome friend in future..?" He muttered out loud.

"What a drag...!" the kid mumbled out loud again after few moments and went back to his cloud watching.