CHAPTER 14: True Potential - Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any characters in Naruto or Naruto Shippuden. All rights belong to Masashi Kishimoto.

"Human Talking"

Human Thoughts

Jutsus

"Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Talking"

Tailed Beast/Summoning animal Thoughts

CHAPTER 14

True Potential

It has been 3 days since the strange event happened with Naruto when he tried to unlock his chakra. Naruto and Eevee were playing fetch out in the playground while Shizune was watching over them.

Tsunade has a hunch that she knew what was going on, but she has to be sure. She had sent a message for Jiraiya on that very day. She is now in her study room going through all her grandfather's and granduncle's journals and their research that were available for her to see if she was right.

"It seems my godson has various ways to give you headaches often these days..." Jiraiya stated sitting on the tree branch which is nearest to the window in the study room.

"It seems so... But in a positive way, I guess..." Tsunade said as she opened the glass window for Jiraiya to enter the room.

"Tell me..." Jiraiya asked.

------------------------------------------------------------

(After 30 minutes of explaining...)

"Do you think it is what I think it is..?" Tsunade inquired after she completed explaining what happened.

Jiraiya stayed quiet for some moments and then he released a sigh and said, "Let's not jump to any conclusions hastily. But to know what this is we need someone with vast knowledge." Then he proceeded to bite his thumb to draw blood. Tsunade understood what he meant and she also bit her thumb while making sure to not look at the blood and did hand signs for a very particular jutsu.

Both Sannin completed their hand signs at exactly the same time and slammed their hands on the ground, "SUMMONING JUTSU."

The figures of Fukasaku and Katsuyu can be seen as the smoke started to dissipate slowly. Fukasaku and Katsuyu noticed each other's presence as soon as smoke dissipated fully.

"Lord Fukasaku..." Katsuyu greeted Fukasaku as she bowed her head in respect.

Fukasaku returned the gesture by bowing his own head in respect and greeted, "Lady Katsuyu..." He then turned to Jiraiya and asked, "What's the matter Jiraiya boy..?"

Jiraiya and Tsunade explained everything to Fukasaku and Katsuyu. After few minutes of thought Fukasaku said, "I can't say anything until I see it for myself." Katsuyu nodded at his words agreeing with him and said, "Yes my lady. Where is Naruto-kun..? We may have to observe this time to see what this phenomenon actually is..." Tsunade nodded agreeing and led them outside where Naruto is with Eevee and Shizune.

"Eevee... catch..." Naruto shouted throwing a flying disc, which Eevee caught in mid air with an impressive display of her acrobatic skills.

"Naru... Come here..." Tsunade called her son, to which Naruto replied, "Coming mom..." Then both him and Eevee sprinted towards Tsunade. As soon as he reached his mother he hugged her at waist level.

Tsunade ruffled his blond hair and said, "Naru... Meet Lord Fukasaku... He's one of the Two Great Sage Toads..."

Naruto took a glance at Fukasaku and asked in confusion, "One of the Two Great Sage Toads...?"

"Yes. And he is the one that taught your uncle Jiraiya." His mother replied.

"Wow..." Naruto said in excitement and ran up to Fukasaku and asked, "Lord Fukasaku, is it true..?"

Fukasaku laughed at his enthusiasm and replied, "Yes my boy..."

"Cool... So how did you put up with his perviness..?" Naruto questioned.

Jiraiya fell face first in the ground in a comical way. Tsunade, Shizune and Katsuyu were trying to maintain a poker face but are falling miserably and Eevee barked agreeing with Naruto.

"Well Naruto boy... He may be a pervert, but he still is the best student I've ever got the chance to train." Fukasaku replied laughing heartily.

"Hey... I'm not a pervert..." Jiraiya started to say as he was standing up but was interrupted when all those present there completed his dialogue by shouting, "You're a Super Pervert..."

When Jiraiya heard that, he felt so proud of himself and raised both his hands in the air showing thumbs up and said, "That's right... I'm a Super Pervert..!"

"Well anyway... We are here to help you unlock your chakra Naruto-kun..." Lady Katsuyu said bringing them back to topic.

"Sweet... Can we start now..?" Naruto said in excitement.