Chapter 24

MAHIGPIT ANG hawak ni Rage sa hand rail sa balkonahe ng condo ni Auri habang nakatingin sa kawalan.

It's already midnight but he can't sleep.

Bumuga siya ng hangin at madilim na tumingin sa mga ilaw sa baba.

He should be enjoying the fact that Auri is already his. That she promised to marry him in the future and even if they're  still not legally married he is already her husband. But he can't feel the bliss.

He can't enjoy the one thing he dreamed for so long now.

Not when he saw the same black envelope in her drawer.

Damn! When did she receive those black envelope?

Napahilamos ng mukha si Rage at ilang beses na tahimik na minura ang tunay niyang ama.

He needs to know what's in that envelope. He needs to ask Auri. But the question is, would she tell him? He guess not.

Napabuga siya ng hangin. Then if that the case he'll have to do something with that.

Auri may look unmoved but he knew her. She's a woman that could mask what she really feels and master the feigning attitude of looking fine when inside she's breaking.

Kinuha niya sa bulsa ang cellphone niyang ilang araw ng nakapatay at binuksan iyon.

Rage knew it's late but he needs more men that could guard Auri twenty-four seven. ASAP.  He will not let his father hurt his wife.

"Rage, son, I love you but, come on, its midnight," his dad answered his call in a hoarse tone.

"I need more men that will gaurd Auri, dad," Rage didn't budge nor apologize for disturbing his father's sleep.

"Was the two not enough?" Dad asked, yawning.

"Not when my father sent her a black envelope dad," nagtatagis ang bagang na sagot niya sa ama.

Narinig niya ang kaluskus at pagbukas ng pinto bago ito muling nagsalita. "So your father has made his presence known to your woman."

"Yeah..."

"And a black envelope is his favorite thing," his dad tsked.

Kumunot ang noo niya sa sinabi nito. "Maybe," Rage answered frowning.

"Well, we got one too—"

"What? Are you serious right now?" Humigit ang hawak niya sa cellphone dahil sa galit.

Dad sighed from the other line. "Yeah, but don't think about it, Rage. I and your mom can handle ourselves. We're already looking for him," imporma nito.

Gumalaw ang panga niya at napapikit. "I'm sorry dad... I'm sorry if my father is bothering you now—"

Dad tsked, halting him.

"Rage, Rage," dad drawls, "nothing bothers us when it comes to you and your brothers. We will give our time whenever is needed. Besides, I and your mom will not let his threat pass, son. No one threatens us with taking you away from us without facing our wrath Rage," anang tinuturing niyang ama na kababakasan ng galit.

Napalunok si Rage.

Kahit hindi para sa kanya ang galit ng ama ay hindi niya parin maiwasang kabahan.

He'd seen it before how dangerous is his adopted parents are. They could kill without even blinking. Mom could torture without batting an eye. Dad could blow up one's head without faltering.

He witness it when he and Dusk was kidnapped for ransom when they was both sixteen.

Mom and dad asked him to close his eyes after putting a headphone with loud music playing. But he was a curious teen so peeked just on time as dad pulled the triggers to blow up the head of the man who beat up Dusk until his brother was unconscious.