Chapter 28

RAGE PLACED his gun on the coffee table before he went to his bed to lay down.

He grabbed the polar bear and looked at it then hug it.

It's been week since Rage saw Auri in the hospital. And the pain in his heart is still there. To see her not wearing her engagement ring was burning. It felt like his heart was gunned and the muzzle energy as it expelled from the muzzle of the gun destroyed every part of his heart.

Pinunasan niya ang luha na pumatak sa gilid ng mukha niya saka ilang ulit na pumikit.

I'll let you go for now baby but I promise I will take you back.

Hahayaan niya muna ito at aayusin niya ang buhay niya habang lihim itong pinoprotektahan. He will not gave her up just like that. He can't. Just the thought of a future without Auri is painful.

Rage inhaled deeply before letting his self to sleep. He need one badly or his body will soon just drop. His brothers and friends won't also stop nagging him to get a rest.

Nagising siyang mabilis na humihinga at napabalikwas ng bangon. Rage pulled his hair while heaving fastly.

Nightmare. Again. Like always.

Hindi niya na alam kung kailan siya titigilan ng mga bangungot niya mula sa nakaraan. He doesn't know when it will stop hunting his sleep. It does stop when he sleeps beside Auri but not when he's alone. And it is worse when he is stressed and tired.

All the rape that his father did to her mom was horrible, the cries of her mom still vivid in his ears. The last painful and saddest time he saw her mother alive is hunting. His promise to her that until now he's having hard fulfilling is disappointing.

Marahas siyang tumayo at naligo.

Tapos ay muli siyang umalis ng bahay para makipagkita sa tatlong guwardiya ni Auri. The hulks. It took him time to gain the trust of the triplets but now he have it already and hopefully they'll tell him everything that Auri keeps away from everyone. He needs to know about everything so he'll know what he must do.

Sumakay siya sa helikopter niya kasama ang mga kaibigan na nasa grupo niya ng makarating siya ng rooftop ng Crown's HQ. Si Elixir ang piloto niyon.

"Katana, how is her health?" Rage asked Katana when they was already traveling to Makati.

Katana offered a smile. "Doing well. Her fever has stopped completely and she already gained a little weight. She's planing on going back to Makati to continue her studies with Prius," anito bago pumikit. "Sasamahan siya ni Prius ng ilang linggo para daw ipagluto lagi si Auri para bumalik ang dati nitong timbang. But of course that's only an alibi. Prius just want to make sure her safety while we still hunt for you slimy father."

Nakahiga ng maluwag si Rage. At least she's feeling better.

Hindi na siya muling nagsalita hanggang sa nakarating sila ng Crown's hotel sa Makati. Kapapasok palang nilang lahat sa VIP room maganda na nakalaan para sa kanya ng maramdaman niyang nag-vibrate ang cellphone niya sa bulsa.

Kinuha niya iyon at napabuntong-hininga nang makitang si Prius ang tumatawag.

He's been avoiding his friend since he woke up and never talked to him. But look likes he has to talk to him now or Prius might again hunt him down to beat him up. Baka kung saan na naman ito magpunta para hanapin siya at ipabaril na naman ito ng ama niya.

Nagtungo siya sa balkonahe at iniwan sandali sina Ravage bago niya sinagot ang tawag ni Prius.

And like how Rage expected it, he was welcomed with hard and legnthy cusses.