Assassin (Ramsay Bolton x fem!reader)

(Warnings: Violence, murder, blood, a little bit of steam? I guess??)

No one ever suspects the woman. Women in Westeros didn't do what you did. Sure, they could be knights or blacksmiths as well as ladies or wives and mothers. But, as far as you knew, you were the only female sellsword/assassin outside of Braavos. Because of that, you were often hired to carry out even more violent acts than male sellswords, much like your current assignment.

After Sansa Stark managed to flee Winterfell, she ran to the North. From there, word reached Petyr Baelish of Ramsay and Roose Bolton's horrendous deeds. That was why he hired you. To eliminate the threat without need for another big battle. There had already been too many in the passing years. Not that it mattered to you. But Baelish's gold was good and you took the job without hesitation.

That was how you found yourself walking through the corridors of Winterfell. With the birth of a new baby happening, no one in the castle noticed when a new servant just randomly appeared. Well that's what you thought at least. There was one person that noticed, but by the time he had, it was too late.

Ramsay's POV

Ramsay slid the dagger into his shirt and made his way to where he was certain his father would be. He was still trying to determine whether he would take care of his father before or after the birth of the babe. However, before he could make up his mind, Ramsay stopped in his tracks. As he suspected, there were only three people in the room. His father, a guard, and you. That was what made Ramsay pause. He'd never seen you before. He was absolutely certain of that. And when you told the guard that the captain of the guard was summoning him, his interest was piqued.

The newly legitimize Bolton sank into the shadows when Roose waved the guard off, leaving just the two of you. Ramsay watched as you flashed Roose a smile and congratulated him on his newest child. You drew close to the table in order to take away Roose's plate, but backed away quickly when someone approached, announcing that a son had indeed been born.

Ramsay clenched his fists. He needed you out of the room. Now. He couldn't let his father suspect anything. Ramsay's eyes found your form again as you reached to take away the plate. Adrenaline coursed through his veins only to turn ice cold when he heard the sound of steel piercing flesh. He heard you whisper something to Roose before the man slumped forward onto the table.

When you pulled back, Ramsay could see your own knife glinting in the sunlight and dripping with his father's blood. He couldn't deny the sudden, thrilling shudder than went down his spine. You had just killed a lord and your face showed no fear. At least, until your eyes searched the room for an exit, only to land on Ramsay. You stiffened and muttered a curse under your breath before launching the bloody knife in Ramsay's direction.

Thanks to your distraction, the blade missed its target, embedding itself in the wood next to Ramsay's head. Ramsay tsked, the sound echoing through the nearly empty room. Another curse flew from your lips as you turned on your heel to flee. Ramsay was on you in an instant, pinning you to the floor.

He lifted himself up slightly so he could turn you around and look at your face. You struggled against him for a moment, your (e/c) eyes flashing. "Release me," you growled out. Ramsay chuckled. "I'm afraid I can't do that. You did just kill a lord after all." You stopped thrashing and gave a little shrug. "Lords die all the time. It's in their nature when they're mad dogs."

Ramsay tried his hardest to bite back the chuckle that wanted to escape him, but it was no use. He laughed. Not his usual laugh, but a deep laugh that shook his entire body, and yours. "Perhaps it is. However, that particular lord was also my father and mine to kill." For the first time, your eyes showed true fear. "You're Ramsay Bolton?"

A smirk made its way to Ramsay's lips. "You aren't fooling me. I know you've been watching this place. It's the only way you could have known who to get close to and how to infiltrate this castle." It was your turn to smile, instantly confirming Ramsay's suspicions.

"Very well, you caught me. Now what are you going to do? If I don't report back, my employer won't be too happy." Ramsay hummed in response to that. The thought of taking on another lord's army was tempting. But then again, so was the current position you were both in. What to do?

"Well, I could let you go. Or I could have you executed for killing Lord Roose Bolton." You made a gesture with your head that seemed to say "true, true", but then you met his eyes again. "And with a flick of my wrist, I could give you the same treatment you gave poor Theon Greyjoy." For a moment, Ramsay was confused, but then he felt the point of a knife poke his thigh. "You didn't think I came all this way with only one knife, did you?"

At that, Ramsay actually froze. He didn't know what to do. His mind was racing and his blood coursed through him in a way he hadn't felt in a long time. Not even with Myranda. It only took him a moment to realize why. He wanted you. He wanted you to be his. He didn't love you, of course, but he loved this little game. You spoke to him without fear. Threatened him without mercy. Toyed with him the way a cat does a mouse. It sent shivers down his spine in the best possible way. The realization was so unexpected, he didn't feel it when your hand pointed the knife away. In fact, he didn't notice much until he found his own back against the cold, stone floor.

Somehow, you'd managed to roll you both over without your knife slicing either one of you. Now, you were hovering over him, your lips merely centimeters from his and your knife to his throat. Ramsay's hand automatically gripped your hips. "You know, I was hired to kill you as well. Now, I'm not so sure. I quite like this game," you whispered, although every word seemed much louder in the empty room.

"Still...I can't stay. It won't be long until the guards come back." You cocked your head to the side and hummed in contemplation. With a smile, you drew your face closer to his. Ramsay felt his entire body nearly catch fire in anticipation. What were you going to do? Would you kill him or were you feeling the same things as he?

Your lips brushed his lightly before the sound of armor could be heard approaching the doors. With a sigh, you sat back up. "Sorry we have to cut this short." Using the knife, you swiped Ramsay's gold pouch and moved to get off him completely. Ramsay's grip on you tightened, causing you to look down at him with an arched brow. "Your name?" You smirked and lowered down. "You'll have to figure it when we meet again, my lord." You pressed your lips against his fervently.

You pulled away as the doors opened, making it look like you were still in the process of attacking Ramsay rather than kissing him. The guards merely stood there for a moment. You rolled your eyes, jumped off Ramsay, and headed for the nearby window. Ramsay thanked whatever deities there were that Winterfell had tall and wide windows. You flashed your eyes to him for a brief moment then jumped down into the night.

Chaos ensued, but Ramsay hardly noticed. He raced to the window only to find that you had already vanished into the shadows. He bit back a smile and laugh. He barked his orders for the guards to find you. It was a game of cat and mouse now. A game Ramsay intended to win and, by the end, you would be his and only his. For the rest of your days.