House Party (Stannis Baratheon x reader) College/University AU

Throughout your college career, you'd avoided attending any type of party. You had your studies after all. Finally, when you were in your third year of college, your friend Ned insisted you go to at least one party. Ned's best friend Robert was hosting a party at his house. You didn't want to go, but if you hadn't, you never would have met Stannis.

You hadn't been at the party for more than five minutes before people started getting drunk and trying to hit on you. That wasn't why you came to this party. With a sigh, you wandered upstairs in hopes of finding an empty room to escape for a few moments. You needed a place to breathe.

You opened a door to find two people in the middle of a make-out session. Before either of them noticed you, you slammed the door. The next two rooms were the same. And the next. Finally, you opened a door to a room that didn't appear to have anyone in it. You stepped inside and closed the door with a relieved sigh.

"Don't you knock?" You jumped a foot in the air at the soft, but stern voice. You turned to see a pair of bright blue eyes regarding you with interest and a bit of distrust. A young man was seated a desk with his legs propped up on the bed next to it. "Sorry. I, uh, just needed to get out of there. Too many people making crude remarks. This was the first room I found that looked empty." The young man chuckled.

"My brother's parties always get like this. I wish he would invite fewer people. I can hardly get any studying done." You smiled. Finally someone who understood. "I'm sorry to barge in on you like this. I'll just go." You turned the doorknob, but your companion called out for you to wait.

"You may feel free to wait here until the party dies down." You smiled. "Thank you. I'm Y/N, by the way." He took one hand off the book he was reading and offered it to you. "Stannis." You shook his hand. He offered you one of his many books to read.

For the next couple of hours, you sat in Stannis' room in silence. The only sounds in the room were the muffled noises from the party and the turning of pages. It was as if you and Stannis had your own private getaway and not one thing from the outside world could penetrate your bubble. You were lost in the world of your books. Then, Stannis spoke again.

"It doesn't look like the party is going to end any time soon. Would you like for me to escort you back to your dorm?" You thought about it for a moment. The man was pretty much a stranger, but he didn't seem dangerous and Ned was friends with his brother. Surely he wouldn't let you around people he didn't trust "Sure. Thanks." Stannis gave you a tiny smile. If you hadn't been paying attention, you wouldn't have noticed it.

Stannis lead you from the room and toward the closet where the coats were kept. He opened the door to find two more party goers. He rolled his eyes and reached around them to grab his coat and the one you indicated was yours. You shuddered praying nothing had gotten on your coat.

You and Stannis left as quickly as possible. Neither of you wanted to be in that house any longer. As soon as the door closed behind you, you sighed happily causing Stannis to laugh softly. "I take it you've never been to a college party?" You shook your head. "No and my friend Ned decided that it was about time. After all, I've been here for three years now."

"I wish I had been so lucky. Robert is famous on campus for his parties. Unfortunately, our youngest brother, Renly is starting here next semester which means more and louder parties." You grimaced. You couldn't imagine living in that situation. You really felt for him. "Uh, well, if you'd like, you can always join me in my dorm for some peace and quiet. Or the coffee shop. Or even the library." You were babbling, but you couldn't help it. You didn't want to seem too forward.

Stannis didn't reply for a moment. He wasn't sure why it was so easy to talk to you. He'd never had an easy time talking to the people that came to Robert's parties before. You were different. "I think I'd enjoy that. It would certainly be a welcome change from hiding in my room. In fact, I believe Robert is having another party next weekend. Would it be too forward of me to ask you out on a date that night?"

You stopped in your tracks and stared at him. Not only had the man just asked you out on a date but he had done so in manner you thought only happened in books. "I was too forward, wasn't I?" he asked when you didn't reply. You smiled and shook your head. "No! I'd love to go on a date with you. I was just surprised is all." Stannis returned the smile and offered his arm. "Next weekend, then?" With a nod, you took his arm and let him lead you to your dorm.