My Obnoxious Boss Pt. 1(Euron Greyjoy x fem!reader) The Proposal AU

Euron couldn't believe it. Deported? He was being deported back to Pyke? How could they do that to him? He clenched his fists down by his side as the door behind him opened slowly. "Mr. Greyjoy, I'm sorry to interrupt, but-" Euron just stared at you for a moment before beckoning you over. You frowned slightly, but did as you were asked. "As I was saying gentlemen," Euron said as soon as you were by his side, "You don't need to worry about this whole deportation issue. You see, Y/N and I are getting married."

"You are?" the head editors asked at the same time you said, "We are?" Euron reached down and grabbed your hand, squeezing it roughly. "Yes. Yes we are. Obviously we've kept this secret to avoid rumors of favoritism. But Y/N and I are in love and we are getting married. In fact, we are heading to Y/N's home town this weekend for her grandmother's birthday." You stood there in surprise, unable to say anything. What the hell was going on?

"Well, I trust this puts this whole thing to rest? Come on Y/N, we still have to pack before going to the airport." Euron grabbed your elbow a little more forcefully than necessary and lead you from the room. You didn't say a word until you were outside. Then, anger took over. "What the hell was that all about? Married?! Are you kidding me?!" Euron waited somewhat impatiently for you to finish.

"Look, it was either that or I get deported and you lose the best job you've ever had." You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "Yeah, best job, worst boss. I'm not doing this." You turned on your heel and began to walk away. "Yes you will." You stopped for a moment. You couldn't believe his arrogance. "What's in it for me?" Euron thought for a moment. "I'll get you made partner. You'll have your own office and everything. And 30% of all profits we make." You narrowed your eyes. "50%."

"Never." You shrugged and turned away again. "Fine! Fine! 50%." You smirked. You looked at him again. "Ask me." He looked confused at your statement. "You want me to marry you, then you ask me properly." Euron's brows drew closer together. You gestured to the ground in front of you. "No." You chuckled. "Then have fun in Pyke." Euron groaned loudly as he sank to the ground. "Alright, fine. Ms. Y/L/N, would you please do me the honor of being my wife?" Your smirk grew. This was going to be an interesting weekend.

A few hours later, you were on the plane heading for your hometown. You knew that Euron was picky about his in flight snacks, so you pulled his favorite trail mix out of your own bag and tossed it at him. He looked at you in disbelief. "How d-" You rolled your eyes. "I know more about you than you do, Euron. I know how you take your coffee. I know exactly what you're allergic to. Honestly, I could kill you and no one would expect a thing."

Euron just stared at you, trying to see if you were joking or not. You weren't looking at him. You were too busy pouring over the file in your lap. It occurred to him that you were right. He didn't know a thing about you, which of course Immigration would be checking, but you knew everything about him. You had to as his assistant. If you went to grab lunch, you had to be sure not to order anything that could send him to the hospital. You could actually kill him and it would look like an accident.

"Are you going to stop staring at me? It's a long flight." you asked, not looking up from what you were doing. Euron grumbled and sat back. He tried to find ways to amuse himself as he waited for the plane to land. When the plane finally landed and he met your family, Euron realized that it was going to be a very, very long weekend. There was no way in hells he was going to get through this with his remaining sanity intact.

You wanted to groan when you walked into your parents' home and saw the party had already started. So much for giving your parents a heads up before meeting Euron. "Y/N, dear," your grandmother called out to you. You beamed at her. You had always had a strong relationship with your grandmother. Even when you weren't getting along with your parents, your grandmother had always been there for you.

"Hey, Granny," you greeted as you kissed her on the cheek. "Who's that tall drink of water you brought with you?" You snorted. "Euron," was all you were able to say before your parents approached you. "Fashionably late as always, Y/N," your mother commented. You forced a smile. You loved your parents, but they had a very specific vision for your future and, to them, you weren't living it. Your mom was usually more supportive than your dad, but the sight of you bringing home a man was probably a shock to her.

"Hello, Mother. I'd like you to meet my boss, Euron Greyjoy. Euron, this is my mother Y/M/N." Euron flashed his charming smile as he greeted your mother and grandmother. Your father had a scowl on his face. "Y/N, I'd like to talk to you. Alone." Your fake smile dropped a bit, but you nodded anyway. Euron's fingers brushed your elbow. You gave him a look to reassure him before following after your father.

"I cannot believe this," he whispered harshly at you. You arched a brow. "First you try not to come at all and then, when you do show up, it's an hour and a half late. With your boss. This isn't supposed to be time for you to work, Y/N. You're here to celebrate your grandmother's birthday."

"I know that, Dad. I'm not working." He scoffed. "Then why bring him? Surely you could find an actual date with all that time you aren't spending coming home." You crossed your arms over your chest. "I brought Euron because I wanted to." Your dad rolled his eyes. "Right. Because you can't break away from work for anyone. Not even your grandmother."

"Oh for the love of- HE'S MY FIANCE!" you shouted, bringing the party to a crashing halt. Silence surrounded you while your father stared blankly. You felt someone take your hand. You glanced over to see Euron standing beside you. You managed to give him a smile. "Why don't we all head outside for some games?" Granny asked, breaking the tension. Everyone laughed and followed except for you, Euron, and your parents.

"Your fiance? You're getting married?" You nodded, gripping Euron's hand tighter. "When did this happen and why didn't you tell us?" You swallowed thickly. You weren't sure what to say. You hadn't been thinking when you exploded that way. "I'm afraid that's my fault. Obviously interoffice relationships aren't looked upon too kindly, so I asked Y/N to keep ours a secret for the time being." Your father glared at him for a moment.

"Y/N, tell the truth. As far as we knew, you hate this man." You felt yourself flush. "I-I lied. I don't hate him. It was just easier to tell you that." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I never thought you'd stoop to this. I didn't raise you to be the kind of woman who sleeps her way to the top." Your heart stopped beating for a second as your mother scolded your father.

"I assure you, that isn't the case," Euron reasoned. You weren't sure why he was coming to your defense, but you weren't going to stop him. "If that's the way you feel, Dad, then we'll just go stay in the hotel until the party and then you never have to see me again." You turned on your heel to leave, but your mother's voice stopped you.

"Wait, Y/N! Please don't go. I'd like to get to know Euron." You looked back at them both, but Euron spoke for you. "I'd like that as well." Your dad walked away grumbling, but your mom smiled. "Wonderful. Come on. We'll get you set up in Y/N's old room. I'll get Granny while you take Euron upstairs, Y/N."

You did as your mother asked. Euron was wondering why you were being so quiet. It wasn't like you. Then again, if his father had talked to him the way yours had to you, he probably wouldn't feel so chatty either. You lead Euron upstairs and into a large room with large, clear glass doors leading to a balcony.

"Bathroom's through there," you told him before sinking down on the bed. Before Euron could respond, there was a knock on the door. Your mother and Granny entered without waiting for a response. Granny was carrying a blanket. "Here you are. This should keep you both warm tonight." You smiled up at her.

"Thanks, Granny." Granny couldn't wipe the smile off her face. "It should be good for other things too. After all, we call it the 'Baby Maker'." You dropped the blanket behind you faster than Euron had ever seen you move. He bit back a laugh. He had to admit that he really liked your grandmother. "Granny!" She shrugged.

"You think I don't know what kids get up too? Besides, I'd like a great grandchild before I die." With that, she left the room. Your mother followed after promising to bring you something to eat later. Euron let out a chuckle and you glared at him. "I'm sorry, but 'The Baby Maker'? Are they really okay with you having sex in their house?" You rolled your eyes. It was definitely going to be a long week.