A Thorough Cleaning(Sansa Stark x reader)Modern AU

You loved having Sansa as a roommate. She was sweet and kind most of the time. You could tell she’d had a proper upbringing, but she wasn’t snooty about it. At least not with you. She never left passive aggressive notes or anything. If she had a problem, she told you outright. And housework was shared equally. All-in-all, Sansa was a great roommate. Until her family came to visit. Then, all hell broke loose.

Your nose was immediately hit with the scent of cleaners when you opened the door. “Take off your shoes!” Sansa’s voice carried through the apartment. Sighing, you slipped off your shoes and headed for the kitchen to put the groceries away. You could hear her muttering to herself about some spot or other. A sudden shriek almost made you drop everything in your hand all over the clean floor.

You set everything down and went in search of your roommate. “Sansa?” She called out that she was in the bathroom. You walked in and saw her scrubbing at something on the floor. “It won’t come out, Y/N!” she cried. Your brows furrowed as you looked closer. There was a small speck of dirt in the grout between the tile. “Sansa, no one is going to notice that. The rest of the house is spotless.”

“I’ll know it’s there! My mother will notice! Help me, please.” You gently took the brush from her and helped her up. “How long have you been cleaning?” you asked. “Since you left this morning. My parents will be here for dinner tomorrow and the place was a wreck.” You arched a brow. The apartment was always neat. Not completely spotless usually, but that’s because you lived there. But you did household chores every week to keep it clean. Still, her parents had never visited before. Her siblings had, but not her parents. “Sansa, why is this bothering you so much? This isn’t like you at all.”

Sansa didn’t reply for a moment and then she sighed as you lead her into the living room. “My mother. She was so against me moving out before getting married. I want to prove to her that I can do things without a husband. That I can keep a job and a clean house and everything.” You smiled. “Oh, Sansa. You are an amazing woman. And the apartment looks fantastic. Your mom couldn’t possibly have anything negative to say about it.”

Sansa sniffled and gave you a little grin. “Really?” You nodded before pulling her into a hug. “Absolutely. Now, why don’t you put away the groceries and I’ll see if I can get that spot out? Then we’ll take care of the whatever’s left and decide what to cook for dinner tomorrow. We can order in tonight so there won’t be any dishes.” At Sansa’s nod, you got up and turned on some music.

For the rest of the day, you and Sansa played your music and danced around the apartment while you cleaned the rest of the apartment from top to bottom. To Sansa, it was the best thing you could have done for her. You helped her, but didn’t let her become to obsessed. And you never ridiculed her for some of her more odd behavior. You just rolled with it unless it was out of control. That was part of why she loved having you as a roommate.

When the place had been thoroughly cleaned, you both sank down on the couch to breathe. You were extremely grateful there were so many places that delivered around you. You weren’t sure you had the energy to drive after all that. Sansa certainly didn’t. Still, even after cleaning most of the day, she looked invigorated.

When your dinner arrived, you could barely get up from the couch to get it. Yet, you still felt that sense of accomplishment you got after completing a large task. You only hoped Sansa would calm down a little. Part of you knew that she wouldn’t until after her parents left the next evening. At least you would be there to keep her from going too nuts over it.

The next evening, Sansa was panicking again. She kept running back and forth, asking you if everything was good enough. You grabbed her arms to still her. “Sansa! Everything is perfect! The place looks great and dinner is going to be fantastic, if I do say so myself. Now please, just breathe.” Sansa took a deep breath as a knock sounded on the door.

“Oh my gods,” she muttered. “Relax, Sansa. They’re your parents. Go answer the door.” Sansa nodded and moved to do what you said. As soon as the door opened, Sansa was swept into a hug by the man you assumed was her father. Her mother was next before Sansa was actually able to let them in. “Oh Sansa, it looks lovely. And whatever you cooked smells delicious.” You sent Sansa a wink when her gaze met yours. You visibly saw her shoulders relax and went about the evening. Even though you were sore and still tired, you were glad you helped Sansa. Seeing the relaxed smile on her face and easy interaction with her parents made it worth it.