Protect (Daenerys Targaryen x reader)

Daenerys was confused. She hardly saw you anymore. And when she did, it was only at meals or when you were sleeping next to her. She was surprised at the change in your routine, but was even more surprised to see you wolfing down every meal like it was the last one you'd ever have. Then, you'd disappear again. And Jorah would always go with you.

Rumors began circulating that you and Jorah may have been lovers. The very thought was almost maddening to Daenerys. It wasn't because she didn't want you to be happy, but the two of you were already lovers and you had always been honest with one another. If you wanted to be with Jorah, why not tell Daenerys herself? In any case, the queen found herself dying to know what was going on with you, but she was not prepared for the answer.

It was Tyrion and Missandei that figured it out first. The two had formed an odd friendship during Tyrion's time in Meereen and had been walking outside when they saw the reason for the change in your routine. Both immediately returned to Daenerys' side. "You should see this, Khaleesi," Missandei told her, "It is Y/N." Daenerys was up and following them in no time.

The sound of steel striking against steel was heard before she saw anything. Then, Jorah's voice reached her ears. "You're too slow. You need to forget that I'm your friend for the moment. You cannot hesitate!" A higher pitched groan was followed by, "I'm trying!" Daenerys and the others finally made it outside to a sight Daenerys was not prepared for.

You were standing in front of Jorah, sword in hand and a scowl on your face. "Not hard enough. What if it was a true enemy? What if I were trying to hurt Khaleesi?" A stormy look crossed your features as a smirk came over Jorah's. "There it is. Use it. You asked me to train you so that can protect her, right? Then train like you mean it! Again!"

Daenerys watched as you came at Jorah with sword raised. There was speed and fury in your movements that she'd never seen from you before. This was why you kept disappearing? Why you were eating so quickly and why you were so exhausted all the time? So you could protect her. Daenerys was touched beyond words. She never knew one person was capable of such love and devotion for another. She decided not to interrupt your training and returned back inside.

She waited for you later than evening in the chambers you sometimes shared. As soon as the door opened, Daenerys shot to her feet. You closed the door behind you and turned to her with a soft, sleepy smile. "Good evening, Da-" Your greeting was cut off by her practically throwing herself at you and pressing her lips to yours. You let out a surprised squeak as you almost missed catching her before she could send you both falling to the ground. She pulled back, grinning.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what was that about?" you asked with a light laugh. "I know what you've been doing for me." Your brows furrowed. "Jorah told you?" She shook her head and explained what had happened. Your frown grew. "Are you angry?"

"What? Why should I be angry? No one has ever gone to such great lengths for me. I'm honored and, honestly don't know how I could ever thank you enough. And I'm glad to know what has brought on the sudden changes I've been seeing in you." You dipped your head in embarrassment. "Jorah said I should stop being so exhausted once I'm used to the training. Unfortunately, the eating may never change back."

Daenerys kissed you again. "I don't care about that. Just as I never cared whether you could protect me or not. That's why I have dragons and the Unsullied. I love you, no matter what." You blinked at her in surprise. While it was true the two of you had been lovers for a while, you'd never said those three powerful words. She laughed a bit and continued, "I'd love to show my appreciation." It didn't take a genius to know what she meant.

"As nice as that would be, I'm not sure I have the strength tonight. But I would love to just lie down with you...after a bath." Her smirk turned into a genuine grin. "I think I'd like that." She helped you remove your training armor while a servant prepped a bath.

Once you were clean, you let Daenerys lead you to the bed and laid down. you face each other, legs tangled together. One of her arms rested on your waist while your hand reached up to tuck a strand of the almost-white hair behind her ear. Her violet eyes stared at you with such adoration you couldn't help but lean over and give her a peck on the lips.

"I love you, Daenerys. More than I have ever loved anyone else," you whispered. She pulled you a bit closer as you moved your hand to cup her cheek. She leaned into your touch with a sigh. "I love you," she replied, her own eyes growing heavier by the minute. With a chuckle, you kiss her again before letting sleep take you.